Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Gros'Land
Gros'Land began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
LRF File Size

If I download a book in .lrf format, its file size is comparable to other formats.

When I use CALIBRE to convert a source file to .lrf format for my Sony Touch, the file size (over 4000 kb)ends up being 10 times greater than other converted formats. My brother has an identidal Sony and we have compared CALIBRE settings and they are identical, but his .lrf files are half the size of mine. What gives?

I know that epub files work with the Sony but the .lrf format works much better. Page numbering is much superior in .lrf and pages numbers change depending on font size unlike other formats; you get true reader page nos. rather than original page nos.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions regarding file size.
Gros'Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Check your calibre version and settings against your brother's settings... and probably copy his...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert