Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
lukasfikr
Enthusiast
lukasfikr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3, Apple iPad/iPhone 4
Maybe a silly question

I have a question about moving/copying memory card from one device to another - i.e. 700 to 600 - I tried move my media card - everything was OK but I should probably edit all my books - all editing in Calibre (authors & names) are gone. I do not have backup copy of Calibre because my HDD crashed 6 days ago - I have backups of all books ...
Could you suggest me some help ?
Thanks.
lukasfikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt you can move memory cards from one reader to another and keep the metadata (the metadata is stored in an XML file on the card and probably the format has changed)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert