Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #106
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
where the hell are mr. and mrs. al paca when you need them, that's what i want to know...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #107
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'd think you'd have the same problem with crumbs in the keyboard with a pain aux amandes / chocolat... worse in fact, those things are notoriously flaky. but okay.
Mmmmm thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

Would the village be Little Nibbling, Swelling-on-the-Tum or Middle Spread?

Quote:
Isn't there a danger if Am gets all these pains you keep talking about she won't be able to write?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
they're not *debilitating* pains. usually. except possibly for keyboards.

hm. perhaps i should just eat them myself.
Nooooo! I have a pastry proof keyboard! Honest!

Quote:
Are you sure that wasn't your tummy contemplating Blue cheese and Garlic stuffed portebellini mushrooms, served with fruity, spiced moroccan-style couscous? Or perhaps roast vegetables served with pesto tossed riccioli and a glass of really smooth chianti riserva? Or a plate of fresh baked bread, unsalted butter, the finest cheeses served on a bed of ever-so lightly dressed frissee and a glass of just chilled chablis?
A drool-proof keyboard is another matter entirely...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #108
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Nooooo! I have a pastry proof keyboard! Honest!
i don't know... it would really be a shame if all those pastry crumbs got in there and blocked all the keys, and you couldn't type any more. i'd be very disappointed, personally. i'm going to perform a few more tests on my side before i make up my mind what to do.

Quote:
A drool-proof keyboard is another matter entirely...
i had that problem too...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #109
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Saran Wrap, put Saran Wrap on your keyboards, everyone! It proofs them against everything!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:26 AM   #110
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Saran Wrap, put Saran Wrap on your keyboards, everyone! It proofs them against everything!
Including typing? Because that would DEFINITELY be a problem.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #111
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Including typing? Because that would DEFINITELY be a problem.
<Image of Am bulk ordering hundreds to apply to the keyboards to "improve" IT support issues......>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #112
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Here's the latest ePub - Chp1-6
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #113
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
<Image of Am bulk ordering hundreds to apply to the keyboards to "improve" IT support issues......>
Now there's a thought - no more "My keyboard's not working. I spilled hot chocolate on it earlier but that wouldn't have affected it, would it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Here's the latest ePub - Chp1-6
Thank you!

Now I'm shaking off the last of the flu, there will be more chapters forthcoming. Just not just yet.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #114
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Now there's a thought - no more "My keyboard's not working. I spilled hot chocolate on it earlier but that wouldn't have affected it, would it?"

Thank you!

Now I'm shaking off the last of the flu, there will be more chapters forthcoming. Just not just yet.
Flu? Not the swine flu I hope?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #115
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Flu? Not the swine flu I hope?
It was, apparently (not that they're testing people for it now, but it seems to be the only active strain in the UK atm). Upside is that although it's a lot more infectious than normal seasonal flu, the symptoms are a little milder. And you have no problems getting hold of the anti-viral drugs for it.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:45 AM   #116
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
It was, apparently (not that they're testing people for it now, but it seems to be the only active strain in the UK atm). Upside is that although it's a lot more infectious than normal seasonal flu, the symptoms are a little milder. And you have no problems getting hold of the anti-viral drugs for it.
Small mercies. Glad you're feeling better.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #117
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
I have been gently pestering Am, and she now feels up to recommencing writings.
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #118
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

And indeed I have been writing tonight.

Just, erm, not this...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #119
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
I have been gently pestering Am, and she now feels up to recommencing writings.
much appreciated, mister yeti sir.

Quote:
And indeed I have been writing tonight.

Just, erm, not this...
"baby steps" ?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #120
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Chapter 7 (I think)

A short while later, he left the tea shop, full of spotted dick pudding and tea. Something was tugging insistently at the back of his mind. Something he had seen earlier had triggered the recollection of a memory of an insinuation of a hint in a reference in a book referred to by a manual mentioned in passing in some notes he had casually, but hurriedly, read one day. And as the notes were upside down and he was trying not to let on to the person they were the right up for that he was trying to read them, he couldn’t be sure.

It was something about superior computing in a small device.

No. Not superior.

Advanced. That was it.

Advanced computing visual something or other.

Visual detection web.

No. Not that. Transmitter, maybe. Advanced computing optical detection transmitter.

No. Still not it.

Advanced computing optical recognition transmitter.

No. The devices had both transmitters and receivers in them.

He paused in front of the post office, idly scanning the advertising cards - cleaners, builders, plumbers, IT consultants… all peddling their services. A nearby village was advertising its monthly local business networking event. Several cottages were up for let in the holiday season. A prize-winning Siamese had a litter of kittens looking for good homes.

He popped in and bought a bottle of water and some stamps, for no reason beyond a very strong belief that village post offices should be supported by any means possible.

Something about the noticeboard stuck in his mind. He scratched absent mindedly at his head, and discovered that not only was something from the notice board stuck in his mind, but a large-ish splinter from it was also stuck in his head. He pulled out it out, wincing, then yelled as the word fell into place. Network.

That was it.

The device was known as the advanced computing optical recognition network.

Something about that made him think of the squirrel. He couldn’t quite place his finger on it. He walked on, not paying enough attention to his surroundings, especially given his profession.

Something landed on his head. Followed by another. He broke out of his reverie and realised he was walking under an oak tree, which was dropping acorns on him. Pulling himself together, he walked on, far more aware of his surroundings, and acutely conscious that the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle was hiding in plain sight.