Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Downloading a cover doesn't work anymore?

bad local file header in E:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.pyo", line 279, in fetch_cover
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\library_thing.pyo", line 27, in login
File "calibre\__init__.pyo", line 153, in browser
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 136, in __init__
File "mechanize\_html.pyo", line 587, in __init__
File "mechanize\_html.pyo", line 113, in __init__
ZipImportError: bad local file header in E:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip

I've tried restarting, and books that I know I downloaded the cover for before. No luck.
What did I break?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try re-downloading and re-installing
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done and done. No luck.
Same errors occurs every time still.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

perhaps the windows build is corrupted. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

in what version?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

110 .
Old 12-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Sorry. Haven't updated yet, and I'm at work, so I can't right now...
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
perhaps the windows build is corrupted. Anyone else seeing this problem?
I have had no problems in either 109 or 110 on Windows.

I am sure there would be a lot more people commenting if it was a generic issue for all users.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:34 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well the traceback indicates that the library.zip file is corrupted. Only other things i can think of that could cause this is disk corruption (which a reinstall should have taken care of) or a new overzealous antivirus program
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
JGB
Groupie

Well it's very odd then. Seeing as I haven't changed a single setting in my AV since 0.8x, and haven't changed much in my pc since then either.
the previous version was being used less then 2 minutes before my upgrade, it was working fine.

Any ideas how I can fix it?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Could it be a firewall blocking Calibre from accessing the internet?

Most firewalls will treat an upgraded program as a new program and require confirmation that the updated program is allowed to access the internet.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
JGB
Groupie

Nope mine is set to allow caliber to do anything it wants, full permissions for modifying and full permissions for internet access.
If I had to guess I'd say somehow the installer didn't reinstall the screwy file, since it was already there or something. Because it works now(complete caliber removal using revo uninstaller) and reinstalled.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I'm seeing the same thing in .110:
First I get:

File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.pyo", line 282, in fetch_cover
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ library_thing.py", line 29, in login
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 526, in select_form
FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'signup'

Then on subsequent requests I get:

Detailed traceback:
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.pyo", line 283, in fetch_cover
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ library_thing.py", line 42, in cover_from_isbn
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 206, in open
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 232, in _mech_open
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 192, in open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 604, in http_response
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 209, in error
File "urllib2.pyo", line 360, in _call_chain
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 144, in http_error_302
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 206, in open
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 232, in _mech_open
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 181, in open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 399, in _open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 360, in _call_chain
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 714, in http_open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 691, in do_open
URLError:

After this I get continual ISBN not found errors on subsequent books. If I restart calibre, the cycle starts over again.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's likely a temporary problem with the librarything website. try it again in a little while