Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
priyamjani
priyamjani began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Lynx
T68 Replacement Touch panel/digitizer

I have a onyx boox Lynx which I was taking apart. I was not careful while prying the back cover and broke one of the flex cables. Now the touch wont work. I searched everywhere to find a replacement. All I can find is a replacement screen without the touch panel. My screen is fine. Frontlight works too. Only touch response stopped. So I am only looking to replace the touch panel which I couldn't find anywhere. I emailed Onyx tech support but haven't heard back since 2 weeks. I have attached a picture of the flex cable. If anyone has any experience with this issue, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	151127  
priyamjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyamjani View Post
I have a onyx boox Lynx which I was taking apart. I was not careful while prying the back cover and broke one of the flex cables. Now the touch wont work. I searched everywhere to find a replacement. All I can find is a replacement screen without the touch panel. My screen is fine. Frontlight works too. Only touch response stopped. So I am only looking to replace the touch panel which I couldn't find anywhere. I emailed Onyx tech support but haven't heard back since 2 weeks. I have attached a picture of the flex cable. If anyone has any experience with this issue, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Unfortunately, their 'non-response' attitude is well-documented here at Mobileread.

Don't hold your breath.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyamjani View Post
... I emailed Onyx tech support but haven't heard back since 2 weeks...
I don't know where you buy your device, so for me It's vague, what is the vendor ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I'm not sure if it is possible to get only the touchscreen. Normally those are somehow glued together.
But there is a russian page listing a lot of devices and the apropriate screens for it:
http://e-ink-reader.ru/chg_dsp_en.php
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's a link to a site. Whether they have your panel or not....who knows!

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...book+lc+screen

You can email them and do the additional research.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #6
priyamjani
priyamjani began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Lynx
Thank you all for your replies. I have looked at all options from aliexpress. They have 6 inch screens whereas the T68 is 6.8 inch. They have screens for the KOBO aura HD, which is the same size, however, I am not sure if the ribbon connectors are same.
priyamjani is offline   Reply With Quote