Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
nibhelim
nibhelim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
books disappear on kindle paperwhite

hi there,

I just bought a kindle paperwhite and I was trying to load the books contained in the calibre library.

after I send the books to the device and eject the device, some books disappear and the number of books goes from 69 to 38 to finally 34. (the real number in the library must be 69)

I must say that sometimes i reconnect the device, the library on the kindle in calibre is fine (69) then i disconnect the device and all the books are there.
but the next time i connect/disconnect the device they disappear again.

does anyone knows how to solve this issue

thank you!!
nibhelim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibhelim View Post
hi there,

I just bought a kindle paperwhite and I was trying to load the books contained in the calibre library.

after I send the books to the device and eject the device, some books disappear and the number of books goes from 69 to 38 to finally 34. (the real number in the library must be 69)

I must say that sometimes i reconnect the device, the library on the kindle in calibre is fine (69) then i disconnect the device and all the books are there.
but the next time i connect/disconnect the device they disappear again.

does anyone knows how to solve this issue

thank you!!
Kindles treats many items as 'Personal Documents', not books (Amazon SELLS books ).

Calibre just knows which are really book type files
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
nibhelim

so there is a way to solve the problem??
thank you!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I have a Paperwhite coming today so we'll see. If you mount a Kindle Touch via USB you can drop your book into the proper folder. With my Kindle Fire I can use Amazons Android File Utility on my Mac to drop books into the Books folder (as opposed to Documents)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
nibhelim

I tried to reformat all the library in mobi format for the kindle paperwhite, erase all the content in the device, and then transfer the newly formatted files to the kindle, but the problem is still there.

when i disconnect the device the number of books drops from 59 to 36 to 31....
then again i connect and disconnect and the number is 59 stable,and this happens over and over every time i connect/disconnect

and they just disappear, they are not seen as documents since all the available files format are displayed...

Last edited by nibhelim; 12-28-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried saving the books to disk (from Calibre) and dropping them into your Kindle via usb connection?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
nibhelim

i tried to do that but all the books are without the cover!!

Last edited by nibhelim; 12-28-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibhelim View Post
i tried to do that but all the books are without the cover!!
Just got my Paperwhite...

My covers didn't show either when I dropped my books onto the Paperwhite via a usb mount. Using the "Send to Kindle" app fixed that problem.

So try using Send to Kindle app
Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 AM   #9
foodchick828
foodchick828 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Some books disappeared in Kindle Paperwhite

Hi! I am experiencing the exact same problem as nibhelim. Is the "Send to Kindle" app mentioned as a solution a separate app or do you mean the function in Calibre? I am also using Calibre to convert books to Mobi and I send books to my Kindle via usb connection. What is causing the books to disappear?
foodchick828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
I just bought a paperwhite 2 a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen anything like this happen.

I converted several hundred epubs to azw3 and side loaded them using a usb cable and the calibre "send to device" button. All made it and all have thumbnail covers in the pw2 home/library view.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If the book is marked as a book (i.e. it is of cdetype=EBOK and/or has an embedded ASIN in the exth 113 meta field) then the cover is "supposed" to be delivered from Amazon's servers, otherwise the Kindle generates it on the fly and adds the "Personal" banner.

If you send the EBOK-type ebooks through calibre's send-to-device, calibre will sideload the cover in the expected place. If you copy them manually with your OS's File Explorer, the covers will never show up.

Send-to-kindle is both an app and a feature of calibre. Do not use the app, since it will require you to manually set the author or default to your name I believe. Just email them to your send-to-Kindle email address, which calibre can do for you.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote