Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #421
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
In that case, you are in luck. The feature is already implemented, and will be part of the next release. I'm still adding the touch navigation lock. There were a couple of other features suggested recently that I was going to look at first, as well. After that, we'll need to wait for the volunteer translators to get their work done. So, it will probably be at least another week before the next release.
Just send me a note as usual.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:46 AM   #422
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Added:
- tools/
- CMakeLists.txt
- make.sh

Build:
- place the PBDEV sdk dir in your home ~/
- place the pbimageviewer-src dir in ~/PBDEV/sources/
- cd ~/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/
- bash make.sh BUILD-TYPE

BUILD-TYPE can be any of: 360, fw2, fw4, fw5
If none is given then all of them will be built.

Also, while being in the source, if you want to set custom things per build you can check that with:
PHP Code:
#ifdef BUILD_FW5

[...]
#else

[...]
#endif 
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbimageviewer-src.zip (57.4 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by brucelee; 10-06-2016 at 05:55 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #423
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Added:
- tools/
- CMakeLists.txt
- make.sh

Build:
- place the PBDEV sdk dir in your home ~/
- place the pbimageviewer-src dir in ~/PBDEV/sources/
- cd ~/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/
- bash make.sh BUILD-TYPE

BUILD-TYPE can be any of: 360, fw2, fw4, fw5
If none is given then all of them will be built.

Also, while being in the source, if you want to set custom things per build you can check that with:
PHP Code:
#ifdef BUILD_FW5

[...]
#else

[...]
#endif 
Thanks. I manage to build the thing.

hi rkomar, this is a patch to fix autorotate issue when rotation is set to 180 potrait orientation. This should enable both autorotation and using 180 orientation. The use case is for left handed viewing
Attached Files
File Type: txt autorotate-patch.txt (2.2 KB, 280 views)
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #424
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't think the library software knows how to handle cbz/cbr files in terms of cover images. So, changing the file extension to cbz probably wouldn't make it more likely for a cover image to be generated. Does your epub have a cover defined in it? It should have worked if that was the case.
I did some experiment regarding the cover.

If you put a png image on following path (where 1 is internal storage, and very large number for sdcard, and yes there is typo on chache)

Code:
internal memory/InkPad 2/system/cover_chache/1/books/sample.cbz.png
and put the book on

Code:
internal memory/InkPad 2/books/sample.cbz
it will display the cover in library menu.

Here are the screenshot and the file I used for experiment.

Calibre didn't send/create that file if you send cbz to the device. I'm not sure how complex it is, if after opening up a cbz/cbr,or any recognisable file for pbimageviewer, the app resize the first image and save it as png on that directory. So far the cache on my folder has 614px height, although some are smaller.

Recent read and recent book cache is in different folder, they use:
Code:
internal memory/InkPad 2/system/cache/desktop/cache.dat
rb denote recent book opened, and t denote recent book added. I successfully copied a thumbnail and put it with 1.png to display that as the first recent book thumbnail on the home screen. However, when I select different book, the system regenerate rb thumbnail from 1-9. The file that I copied as 1.png got removed and not renamed to 2.png. So the app potentially could set the most recent book thumbnail image after opening up a book. But if another book is selected, that image will get lost.

If I have time I will try play around with the code to see whether it can be done from the app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0011.png
Views:	507
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	152366   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0012.png
Views:	448
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	152367  

Last edited by trewelu; 10-14-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #425
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I uploaded a new version of the application to the first post in this thread. It has many small updates:

- the first image is copied to the default book cover file so that it gets displayed when the device is shut down (if the device is configured that way in the system settings)

- added a menu item for enabling/disabling touch navigation (panning and page turns). The other touch events (menus, zooming, quitting,...) still work all of the time. Dutch, Japanese, Polish and German translations for the new menu items have been provided by @dtanis and @freeshadow. I'll update the translations for other languages later as they arrive.

- added (+) and (-) symbols to the toggling menu items so that it is clear what will happen. (+) means the feature will be enabled, and (-) means that it will be disabled.

- truncate the old log file on start up to save space in the filesystem

- added @trewelu's fix for autorotation with right/left-handed devices. Some devices have next/prev buttons on one side of the device (Inkpad, 60X/90X, 360), and can be oriented for right- or left-handed use. If the default orientation is Portrait-180 (i.e. left-handed), then autorotation sets the orientation to that layout for portrait images. On devices with next/prev buttons at the bottom, portrait images are always autorotated to Portrait-0.

- added @brucelee's cmake files, so that the application can be built using his SDK. He has also included the extra libraries required to build the applicaiton in his SDK. That makes it easy for anyone else to build the application themselves now. Thanks to @brucelee for that!

- added a new tap zone in the top-middle for bringing up the light-level dialog if the device supports it. It looks like @holysmoer has returned his Inkpad, so hopefully someone else will find this feature useful.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #426
trewelu
Enthusiast

Small bug: If first image or last viewed image is landscape, the application won't auto rotate it during book opening. Pressing next then prev will auto rotate it.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #427
HeliMan171
HeliMan171 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 614
When I changed firmware from 4.4.1217 to 4.4.1772, applications like coolreader or imageviewer stoped working. Is there any idea how to fix it? When I returned fw 1217 everything is OK but I want to use latest fw and use applications.
HeliMan171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #428
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have access to the 614, so it's hard for me to say what is broken. If you're willing to do some debugging with a shell terminal (either remotely with utelnetd or on the device with pbterm if the latter still works), then we could find out what the problem is. PM me if you are willing to try that.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:36 AM   #429
HeliMan171

OK, what am I supposed to do for it?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #430
HeliMan171

Solved..I tried to load CoolReader for 360 and for firmware version 5.x and it worked! I do not understand why because I have version 4.4.x and when I loaded version for fw 4 it did not work. So now I read on CoolReader for fw 5.x and it is OK. Next I will try to resolve Imgaviewer. Maybe it will work with version for fw 5, too.

Edit: Imageviewer for ver. 5.x is working with firmware 4.4.1772 on my PB 614.

Last edited by HeliMan171; 05-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #431
tuturuu
tuturuu began at the beginning.

Device: PB 626 (Lux 3)
So I tried changing the reading direction from left-to-right to right-to-left in the configuration, but it doesn't seem to be working.. I've tried changing it by holding down the back/forward buttons too, but that isn't working either. Maybe I'm missing something?

Last edited by tuturuu; 10-20-2017 at 09:05 AM.
tuturuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #432
rkomar
Wizard

It looks to be okay to me on my Touch Lux 623. Maybe you misunderstand what it is supposed to do? The buttons don't change their function (i.e. Page Forward button stays Page Forward). What changes is the direction that the image pans or jumps between panels when you press Forward or Back.

In Right-to-Left mode, new pages should be aligned with the Top-Right corner fully in view. When you press the Page Forward button, the image should pan to the left until it reaches the left border of the image. The next Page Forward press should pan the image down and back to the right border again. This is repeated until you get to the Bottom-Left corner. Pressing Page Back moves you backwards through the same steps.

If that isn't what you see, can you tell me in more detail what isn't working for you?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #433
tuturuu
tuturuu began at the beginning.

Device: PB 626 (Lux 3)
Ah, I see. I thought it was supposed to switch the back/forward buttons around. It's no big deal though, I was just wondering why it didn't behave the way I thought it would. Thanks for your help.
tuturuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #434
rkomar
Wizard

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. The built-in help information is very concise because I was trying to make it all fit on one page and to minimize work for translators, so it's not very clear in some cases. I'm sure that you're not the first to misinterpret what that option is for.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:07 AM   #435
vaanen
vaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Hello,

first of all, thank you for your great application. It's everything i wished for... except it has a few issues on the last pocketbook, which is understandable considering its very new.

The first one is that i can't change the reading mode (left to right / right to left). Considering i read manga, i want to be able to read from left to right, unfortunately switching the setting doesnt modify anything and the manga still follow traditional occidental book order (whether its with touchscreen or buttons). This is kind of a big issue for me unfortunately

Also, the configuration is a little bit unresponive. When i chose to remove the title bar for example, i have to reboot the app in order to see the modifications. I also don't have the option to chose 16 bits as color depth, which is the color depth of the new Inkpad 3 even though i specified it in a 740.cfg put at G:\system\share\pbiv. The file still seems to be recognized, as modifting some parameters of it results in changes on the app

Also, i don't know if it's related to the app or not, but i would love to have thumbnails, unfortunately the explorer only shows a simple text as cover of the book in the explorer. do you know how to show cover in cbz files ?

thank you very much

Last edited by vaanen; 02-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.
vaanen is offline   Reply With Quote