Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Marden, Orison Swett: How to Succeed v1. 21 July 07

"How To Succeed; Or Stepping-Stones to Fame and Fortune" was written by Orison Swett Marden who was inspired by the works of Samuel Smiles (I posted Smiles' first book to the forum earlier).

Marden graduated from Boston University in 1871. He later graduated from Harvard with a M.D. in 1881 and an LL.B. degree in 1882. He had a great deal of experience overcoming hardships. He based his life on the idea of good old-fashioned hard work to get what you want, regardless of your circumstances. He also went on to found "Success Magazine."

This is actually Marden's second book, but I'm posting it because I read it first and it's a really great read. I think it's a little better than Samuel Smiles work, but both authors are really great about inspiring you to do your best. I highly recommend these books if you feel the need to focus your life a little bit. The basic idea here is to stop crying and get to work and keep at it--if you can't find a way, make a way. He goes into examples of successful people who have done just that. Awesome stuff.

I plan to post his other books and more books of Samuel Smiles soon.

Many, many kudo's to kovidgoyal for designing his great html2lrf program. I finally figured out how to make a book with a cover, graphics, curly quotes, italics, bold and linked chapters.

This is by far the best formatted book I have posted so far and it's because of kovidgoyal's hard work. For us Mac users, I think this is the closest to BookDesigner that we can get.

Now that I have this figured out, I sorta want to go and redo all of my previous books...
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Marden, Orison Swett_How To Succeed.lrf.zip (347.5 KB, 755 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 07-21-2007 at 07:44 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote