Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
lurker316
lurker316 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
problem with margin

I'm having a problem with one particular book where the left-hand margin is twice the normal size. Here are the details:

1.) The original version I recieved is .rft. When I open the file in Word the left margin appears normal. I checked the margin settings within Word and they are normal.

2.) I used Calibre to convert the file to .mobi to read on my Kindle. When I opened the .mobi file in Kindle, the left margin was twice the size of the right margin.

3.) I double checked to make sure that I didn't accidentally change the margin settings in Calibre. I had not. Calibre was set to normal margins.

4.) I converted the .rft file a second time using Calibre. This time I intentionally changed the margin settings in Calibre to make the left margin extra small (I was hoping that Calibre's attempt to shrink the margin would offset the large margin). That had no effect -- the left margin was still too large.

I have used Calibre to sucessfully convert approximately 50 .rtf files into .mobi. This is the first and only time I've experienced this particular problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
lurker316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker316 View Post
I'm having a problem with one particular book where the left-hand margin is twice the normal size.
Have you tried checking Ignore margins in the Mobi output section of the conversion window?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
lurker316
lurker316 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I tried it and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.
lurker316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker316 View Post
I tried it and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.
You're welcome, that feature is new with the latest release (0.7.34).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote