Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't sync EZReader Pocket Pro to computer

For some reason I can't get my EZReader to connect to my computer's USB. I've tried two different ports, I've tried it with the power off and on, I've tried resetting it with the button in the back. Nothing works. It starts charging, but I don't get the "press Enter to connect" dialogue.

Any advice?
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Try a different USB cable and see how you go from there. I suspect a bad cable.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
For some reason I can't get my EZReader to connect to my computer's USB. I've tried two different ports, I've tried it with the power off and on, I've tried resetting it with the button in the back. Nothing works. It starts charging, but I don't get the "press Enter to connect" dialogue.

Any advice?
Intel USB2 chips might be the problem.

Look at this test Thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=49
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Make sure you press the large "OK" button

Quote:

Any advice?
Dear Robo:

Shut off the device. Then plug one end of the USB cable into the computer and the other end into the Pocket PRO. Once that is done the device should come on automatically. After the warm-up screen it will prompt you:

"HINT: To connect press "OK" (the large black button). To charge battery press any other key"

Make sure you press the large black "OK" button and not one of the other buttons.

Always make sure you have a very full charge before trying to connect. Battery charge gauges are meant as a "guide" and are not always accurate until the gauge "learns" from the battery after a few full charges.

If this does not work, call Astak support at the toll-free number: 1-866-368-8788.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:

Any advice?

Make sure the cable is properly plugged into the reader. The fit is quite tight, and the plastic around the plug hits the overhanging top edge of the case. It has to slide under this to seat properly.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Make sure the cable is properly plugged into the reader. The fit is quite tight, and the plastic around the plug hits the overhanging top edge of the case. It has to slide under this to seat properly.
Does it? I plug mine in and I still see part of the silver USB plug. I have another cable which sits flush, but the supplied cable I feel I'd really need to push hard to point I feel I'd break the unit.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Does it? I plug mine in and I still see part of the silver USB plug. I have another cable which sits flush, but the supplied cable I feel I'd really need to push hard to point I feel I'd break the unit.
I will take a close look again tonight with the supplied cable, but I distinctly remember pushin down a little bit to get the plug to go all the way in. I am not sure, at that point, if any silver was still showing. As I say, I will take a close look and report back.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I measured the depth of the mini-USB connector. The cable connector is LONGER. Some of it will show with the plug bottomed out.

Do Not Use The Force-- Luke
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Good advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I measured the depth of the mini-USB connector. The cable connector is LONGER. Some of it will show with the plug bottomed out.

Do Not Use The Force-- Luke
"Do not use The Force".

Yes, the USB is snug and may require a small amount of added pressure to seat fully.

Just do not go overboard. You do not need to pond it in or use a pliers or anything like that. The USB socket CAN be pushed in too far and break if you muscle it too much.

For me, it clicks into place in the socket with simply "firm" pressure... not immense force.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
jusmee
Wizard

I checked mine closely, and there is still silver showing when fully inserted (but then I never said it will end up flush). There is a small raised section on the plastic surrounding the metal silver bit and that does indeed go just under the plastic of the case as you insert the plug. The main plastic part of the plug does not.

As you insert the plug, the is a definite feeling of popping into place - not something I have experienced with other USB sockets - just as that plastic raised section passes under the edge, however this may be, or probably is just coincidence.

The plug is quite tight to remove also.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I checked mine closely, and there is still silver showing when fully inserted (but then I never said it will end up flush). There is a small raised section on the plastic surrounding the metal silver bit and that does indeed go just under the plastic of the case as you insert the plug. The main plastic part of the plug does not.

As you insert the plug, the is a definite feeling of popping into place - not something I have experienced with other USB sockets - just as that plastic raised section passes under the edge, however this may be, or probably is just coincidence.

The plug is quite tight to remove also.
Yep, sounds just like how mine plugs in with the supplied cable. I didn't have any concerns except where it had been mentioned by people about being flush.

A little off topic but I upgraded the firmware on my PP last tuesday/wednesday, haven't turned it off (only k/b lock) and read every day for 2-3 hours. It is still sitting at 4 bars. Damn impressed by that update. I know the meter is only a rough guide but I feel confident in getting a months worth of reading per charge.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

If you have been having errors while actively transferring books.
Run Scandisk (or other disk error checking), I found a lot of errors that were causing Calibre to BSOD while sending to device.
Note you will need to EXIT (quit) Calibre all the way to run the "Repair"
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:

A little off topic but I upgraded the firmware on my PP last tuesday/wednesday, haven't turned it off (only k/b lock) and read every day for 2-3 hours. It is still sitting at 4 bars. Damn impressed by that update. I know the meter is only a rough guide but I feel confident in getting a months worth of reading per charge.
Me too. In fact I am about 2 weeks into a charge (started with the earlier BeBook firmware) and I still have 3 bars.