Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Any freebies with a style similar to Patricia Cornwell?

Wanting to introduce a friend to ebooks. She likes Patricia Cornwell. Any freebies or bargains with a similar style?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

She also likes Stephen King.
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Why is it in these situations I can only picture the book's cover? I can tell you right where the book is in my bookshelf system too! [we have an embarrassing amount of books] If you go into the room that was once a garage, it's in the right-hand side cupboard, about the height of the window. It's silver and hard-backed. OH oh! I think I mean Elizabeth Jones!

There's another one that's similar, a three-name-author that I'm drawing a complete blank on.

Does that help?
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Try Jefferson Bass's Body Farm series. Yes, it is the same Body Farm as Cornwell's book - and the founder of the real-life establishment is one of the co-authors.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or Kathy Reichs covers similar ground to Patricia Cornwell. Don't be put off if you don't like the Bones TV series - the books are totally different.
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
mediax
Readaholic

May as well go beserk with 3 in a row!

You will find a number of other suggestions in
this thread
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
shootist
Zealot

Keep in mind I'm looking for free or bargain books. She isn't sure she will like ebooks.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
If she likes Patricia Cornwell, I'll assume she likes mysteries and crime novels. Hrm. There have been several mysteries available for free recently, but I think they have reverted. The only one I am sure is still available for free is The Score by Richard Stark. My advice would be to keep an eye of this forum for other freebies. Also, if she has a library card she might check if the library have e-books.
Also, check the e-book section on this forum. There are plenty of Public Domain e-books available in the Mystery and crime section

I hope this helped.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
I think you'd have to go by author at one of the several ebook search engines.

Overdrive and InkMesh are both ones mentioned on this site someplace. I think they're supposed to give you all the places that have the book and their prices, if I understood the threads about them correctly.

I accidentally ate some soy, so I'm partly incoherent right now.

Besides lurking here and other places to keep an eye out, if she's not super picky you could direct her to smashwords which has mysteries probably. I like smashwords for it's lovely multiple format presentation thingy myself.
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote