Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #466
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PeterT: Could you post the contents of the version file from the WiFi? It looks like it has the MAC address where the other devices have the serial number. If the serial number is elsewhere, I will use that. Otherwise I will strip the colons out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #467
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sure enough... version contains the following:
Code:
00:08:54:E5:7E:EE,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,1.9.11,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000210
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #468
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sure enough... version contains the following:
Code:
00:08:54:E5:7E:EE,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,1.9.11,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,2.6.28-515-g4eec389,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000210
That's what I was expecting. I have just released version 1.6.2 to fix this. It strips the colons before using it in the backup file name.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #469
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Odd series names

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing an oddity where books that are not in a series will have a single character show in the series field. I've noticed this a couple of times when I've modified several books and did an update metadata on the whole library. Instead of getting the result I expected with just a few books showing as being updated, I get several hundred books shown as being updated.

In the three images I've attached, the first run is after modifying the series data on 5 books and just being lazy and updating the entire library. The second run was after disconnecting and reconnecting my Kobo with no changes in the series data, the third run is after modifying the series data on two more books.

In between the first and second run, I looked at the library view on the Kobo and in the first 5 pages, I found several books belonging to a series called 'c' with no series number. When I looked again, after the third run, those single character series were gone.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	firstrun.png
Views:	479
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	121243   Click image for larger version

Name:	secondrun.png
Views:	493
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	121244   Click image for larger version

Name:	thirdrun.png
Views:	498
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	121245  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #470
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
LOL.. I've seen that in the past, albeit a long LONG time ago. I don't remember what David and I did to resolve it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #471
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think the first one is the easy one to explain. What options do you have set on the update metadata dialog? The firmware doesn't read the publisher, published date or ISBN from sideloaded books. If you have these selected, there could be a lot of books to be updated. Plus there are any other changes to the books metadata that gets updated.

For the rest, do you use a plugboard to put the series info in the title? There was a bug in matching books between the device and calibre library if plugboards were used and there was a book on the device whose filename didn't match the plugboard. In this case, the series was set to the first letter of the filename. I thought I had fixed this, but maybe it has come up again. I'll have a look.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #472
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think the first one is the easy one to explain. What options do you have set on the update metadata dialog? The firmware doesn't read the publisher, published date or ISBN from sideloaded books. If you have these selected, there could be a lot of books to be updated. Plus there are any other changes to the books metadata that gets updated.

For the rest, do you use a plugboard to put the series info in the title? There was a bug in matching books between the device and calibre library if plugboards were used and there was a book on the device whose filename didn't match the plugboard. In this case, the series was set to the first letter of the filename. I thought I had fixed this, but maybe it has come up again. I'll have a look.
Hmmm... I do have the Publisher checkbox selected which might be causing the issue. I'll try deselecting that check box and see how it behaves. ISBN and published date are already not selected.

The save to device template is:

Sideloads/{author_sort}/{series} - {title} - {authors}

Regards,
David
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #473
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Metadata update oddity

I've reduced the metadata to title, author and series/index and still get the same 405 books getting updated.

Regards,
David
Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #474
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... I do have the Publisher checkbox selected which might be causing the issue. I'll try deselecting that check box and see how it behaves. ISBN and published date are already not selected.
It should have an affect if the device and library values don't match.
Quote:
The save to device template is:

Sideloads/{author_sort}/{series} - {title} - {authors}
I knew there was something wrong about that statement when I wrote the post. It was the save template not the plugboard.

Do you remember a book that it happened with? I've had a play with what I think might be the problem, but I can't reproduce it.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #475
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've reduced the metadata to title, author and series/index and still get the same 405 books getting updated.
Can you run in debug mode and post the log?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #476
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Can you run in debug mode and post the log?
Will do.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #477
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Partial Debug log

It's beginning to look a bit strange... I was expecting to see books that were part of a series being updated but it seems most were non-series books.

I've included two samples of non-series books and one sample of a .kepub.epub/.epub pairing which is part of a series where the .kepub.epub is being updated.

Code:
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Abbot, Edwin A_/Flatland - Edwin A. Abbot.epub'
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Abbot, Edwin A_/Flatland - Edwin A. Abbot.epub'
DEBUG:  742.5 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG:  742.5 update_metadata: title_string= Flatland
DEBUG:  742.5 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG:  742.5 update_metadata: authors_string= Edwin A. Abbot
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]=  False
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='F' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = False
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - setting series
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - update_query=UPDATE content SET  Series  = ? , SeriesNumber   = ? WHERE ContentID = ? AND BookID IS NULL
DEBUG:  742.5 _update_metadata - update_values=  [None, None, u'file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Abbot, Edwin A_/Flatland - Edwin A. Abbot.epub']
Code:
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Allan, Jenny/40 Top Quinoa Recipes for Weight Loss - Jenny Allan.epub'
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Allan, Jenny/40 Top Quinoa Recipes for Weight Loss - Jenny Allan.epub'
DEBUG:  742.6 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG:  742.6 update_metadata: title_string= 40 Top Quinoa Recipes for Weight Loss
DEBUG:  742.6 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG:  742.6 update_metadata: authors_string= Jenny Allan
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]=  False
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='4' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = False
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - setting series
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - update_query=UPDATE content SET  Series  = ? , SeriesNumber   = ? WHERE ContentID = ? AND BookID IS NULL
DEBUG:  742.6 _update_metadata - update_values=  [None, None, u'file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Allan, Jenny/40 Top Quinoa Recipes for Weight Loss - Jenny Allan.epub']
Code:
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='452b13de-2bba-449e-a1b2-12632e7313cb'
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - found contentId='452b13de-2bba-449e-a1b2-12632e7313cb'
DEBUG:  769.6 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG:  769.6 update_metadata: title_string= The Witch Doctor
DEBUG:  769.6 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG:  769.6 update_metadata: authors_string= Christopher Stasheff
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]=  False
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - newmi.series= A Wizard In Rhyme newmi.series_index= 3.0
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = False
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = False
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = True
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - setting series
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - update_query=UPDATE content SET  Series  = ? , SeriesNumber   = ? WHERE ContentID = ? AND BookID IS NULL
DEBUG:  769.6 _update_metadata - update_values=  [u'A Wizard In Rhyme', '3', u'452b13de-2bba-449e-a1b2-12632e7313cb']
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Stasheff, Christopher/Wizard In Rhyme, A 03 - Witch Doctor, The - Christopher Stasheff.epub'
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/Sideloads/Stasheff, Christopher/Wizard In Rhyme, A 03 - Witch Doctor, The - Christopher Stasheff.epub'
DEBUG:  769.7 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG:  769.7 update_metadata: title_string= The Witch Doctor
DEBUG:  769.7 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG:  769.7 update_metadata: authors_string= Christopher Stasheff
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]=  False
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - newmi.series= A Wizard In Rhyme newmi.series_index= 3.0
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='A Wizard In Rhyme' result['SeriesNumber'] =3
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = True
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG:  769.7 _update_metadata - no changes found to selected metadata. No changes being made.
Regards,
David
Old 04-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #478
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The first two look like they are correcting the single letter series name problem that you reported. The first one has "result['Series'] ='F'" which is what is in the device database. And because the calibre library has nothing for the series, it gets set to null. And the file name (the "contentId") confirms my suspicion from before. The series name has been set to "F" which is the first letter of the file name. And the same goes for the second one.

The third one is setting the series name for a purchased kepub and the matching epub. Only the kepub entry has to be changed. The only reason this looks suspicious is that Kobo didn't supply the series info. Most books I have purchased from them recently do have it, but sometimes it doesn't match exactly what I have in calibre.

Could I see the complete log? I'd like to see what's going on in the driver part of it. Either put it somewhere I can download it an PM the link, or email it to me. I'll PM you my address.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:57 AM   #479
er0_senn1n
er0_senn1n began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Hello All

Im pretty new to the whole kobo plugin and I am getting this error when I try to change the reading status on my books

calibre, version 1.32.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'usePlugboard'

calibre 1.32 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1084, in change_reading_status
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2815, in _update_metadata
KeyError: u'usePlugboard'
er0_senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #480
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like missed a code path when doing the last set of changes. I have fixed and and uploaded version 1.6.3. Calibre will show it as available in the next hour or so. Or you can download it from the first post if you don't want to wait.

Thanks for the bug report.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities