Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
YADROL

(Yet Another Discworld Reading Order List)

There's a discussion going on over at Metafilter about Discworld and reading order and favorite books:

http://www.metafilter.com/124083/Start-with-Pyramids

I know we've had this discussion before (right Jon?), but I found it fascinating how many comments recommended Guards! Guards! as a starting point and how few seemed to like Small Gods (one of favorites. I've read it at least twice).

Since I've already read Guards! Guards!, I started Men at Arms last night. Definitely time for some Pratchett.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think that's one of the great things about Discworld is there are so many starting points and so many streams for people to have different favourites. I've always been fond of the Witches stream, but I've only read sixteen of the almost forty books in the series. Pyramids was a lot of fun, but I've always liked Rincewind as well so I didn't have the off-putting experience that many have with The Colour of Magic.

Outside of the first few, I've been completely off with following published date.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert