Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
calibre-server access log?

Does calibre-server have an access log? I would like to see which of my e-books are being downloaded and by whom. Thank you

Last edited by Geremia; 10-15-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Yep! In Calibre's preferences, go to "Sharing over the net" and click "View server logs". A window appears with two text fields, "Error log" and "Access log". If you want to search/filter the log you'll probably find it easier to copy and paste the text into another text editor first. On my Mac, the log file is also saved as ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/server_access_log.txt.

Note that the log records all sorts of activity besides actual ebook downloads, so you'd want to search for lines containing "/get/epub" or something like that to find the requests you're interested in.

Last edited by anoved; 10-15-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added where the log file is actually stored
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoved View Post
Yep! In Calibre's preferences, go to "Sharing over the net" and click "View server logs". A window appears with two text fields, "Error log" and "Access log". If you want to search/filter the log you'll probably find it easier to copy and paste the text into another text editor first. On my Mac, the log file is also saved as ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/server_access_log.txt.

Note that the log records all sorts of activity besides actual ebook downloads, so you'd want to search for lines containing "/get/epub" or something like that to find the requests you're interested in.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see that! Thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Geremia
Addict

access log path on Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoved View Post
On my Mac, the log file is also saved as ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/server_access_log.txt.
Do you know where it is on Linux? Thanks

UPDATE: Eureka! It's ~/.config/calibre/server_access_log.txt
Old 06-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
Abrillon
Abrillon began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Calibre server command line logs?

Do you know if it is possible to have access logs when running the calibre server via the command line? If yes where are the logs situated?
Abrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrillon View Post
Do you know if it is possible to have access logs when running the calibre server via the command line? If yes where are the logs situated?
Still in Calibre configuration folder.
Either way it is launched
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre-server