Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #16
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I also got an email stating my NC was shipped and it even has a tracking numbe . However, when I clicked on the tracking link provided, no item was found. Also, my B&N account still says the item is not shipped and my credit card is not billed. Therefore, even though I have a tracking number, it doesn't mean the unit was really shipped.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
I also got an email stating my NC was shipped and it even has a tracking numbe . However, when I clicked on the tracking link provided, no item was found. Also, my B&N account still says the item is not shipped and my credit card is not billed. Therefore, even though I have a tracking number, it doesn't mean the unit was really shipped.
I called customer service today and they told me it was an erroneous e-mail. My unit was not shipped and it won't be shipped until 11/19/2010. All the information including tracking number, serial number and shipped date were all invalid.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
steffner
steffner began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Color
Well, I just got a call from my local B&N. The NC I pre-ordered is in stock and I have 24hrs to come get it b4 they offer it to the next person. Guess i'll be going there after work. I'll let you know how it is .
steffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
I called customer service today and they told me it was an erroneous e-mail. My unit was not shipped and it won't be shipped until 11/19/2010. All the information including tracking number, serial number and shipped date were all invalid.
If you have a tracking number - it has been shipped. Mine is already shipping and it has moved out of its original state of Nevada according to the shipping log. I wouldn't believe anything their customer service says if you have a shipping number.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #20
Rebo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
If you have a tracking number - it has been shipped. Mine is already shipping and it has moved out of its original state of Nevada according to the shipping log. I wouldn't believe anything their customer service says if you have a shipping number.
The "tracking number" they provided on my e-mail was invalid. When I clicked on the link, the site can't even find the tracking number. So somewhere a mistake was made and my NC was not shipped. When I called customer service, they said the email was erroneous. Now they're telling me that it won't get shipped until 11/19/2010. I am not a happy camper now.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
My NC shipped yesterday from New Jersey, and is scheduled to arrive on Friday, which is fair. Oddly enough, they shipped my screen protectors from the same warehouse, but sent them separately via USPS - they will arrive on Saturday.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #22
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Just got an email that my Nook Color has shipped. I am surprised since I preordered only about a week ago.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #23
Reeses
Reeses is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
The "tracking number" they provided on my e-mail was invalid. When I clicked on the link, the site can't even find the tracking number. So somewhere a mistake was made and my NC was not shipped. When I called customer service, they said the email was erroneous. Now they're telling me that it won't get shipped until 11/19/2010. I am not a happy camper now.
Are you referring to the USPS site? Mine did the same thing yesterday, but as of today, I actually had tracking information.

Last edited by Reeses; 11-18-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Reeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
Rebo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
Are you referring to the USPS site? Mine did the same thing yesterday, but as of today, I actually had tracking information.
Nope. Mine is still invalid. My friend has already picked up hers from the store even though she ordered it later than me. Mine is probably lost in transit.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #25
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Just got an email that my Nook Color has shipped. I am surprised since I preordered only about a week ago.

Ellen
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #26
brandorf
brandorf began at the beginning.

Device: Nook / Nook Color
Mine arrived today. Fully charged and ready to go. I like it so far. ;p
brandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #27
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandorf View Post
Mine arrived today. Fully charged and ready to go. I like it so far. ;p
Mine too! Fully charged as well. Now testing...so far so good
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #28
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Mine is also here. Review coming soon!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #29
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Posting from my nook color right now!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Well, so far this thing is exactly what I've been waiting years for. I'll give a proper review after I have properly tested it, but judging by the quality alone, which is miles above all these cheap tablets I've been playing with, I'm happy I spent the money on this.

Just the feel of it reminds me of the iPod Touch 3G I have as far as quality. It is a little heavy compared to my eink reader, but it feels like it weighs a good deal less than my ebookwise-1150, which was my favorite LCD reader for many years.

P.S. Page turning is spot on. I mean, on every other LCD touchscreen device I have had (I don't have an iPad so I'm sure that is great too) turning pages could be a hassle. In fact, the touch screen on this is very responsive.

Last edited by ColdSun; 11-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Tags
color, nook, nook2, nookcolor