Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I bought another DXG as a backup. After applying some points the total came to $130.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I haven't pulled the trigger on a Black Friday item yet, but I have plans for a Cyber Monday sale I expect to occur this Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Same here. I never pay attention to Black Friday, but Cyber Monday...? Oh yes. Bring it on.
I don't know about you two, but Cyber Monday has always been a bust for me. All of the items I buy on Black Friday have always been priced higher on Cyber Monday. I've yet to buy any Cyber Monday items. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not holding my breath.

BTW, some of the Cyber Mondays sales will be starting on Sunday. Just like Black Friday sales that started on Thursday. Go figure.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #33
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
tubemonkey, I expect both the Doubleday Book Club and the Quality Paperback Book Club to have a Cyber Monday special of BOGO with free shipping.

They both had that deal for Black Friday, except that the free shipping was on orders over $25.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I didn't end up getting very much. There wasn't a whole lot that I genuinely needed. We need a new tv and a new bed. Everything else is a want. I bought a lot of yarn at Joanns. No it's not electronics but I'm making gifts this year and the prices were fab!! Totally different crowd of people in there from Walmart. Instead of fighting with each other people were going up & down the line - do you have a coupon dear? Do you need one? Do you want an extra one? LOL

I wanted the $9.44 griddle from Walmart. I didn't think I'd get it arriving past noon. Sorry but I'm not fighting crowds for a silly griddle!! LOL As I suspected it was gone but I got chastised by some clerk who didn't even know what a griddle was in the first place, for not getting there at 5am if I wanted it. Um....ya sure buddy! Fight people for a $10 item that's regularly, what, $20. Not happening and considering you didn't even know what the item was at all....maybe pick up a book or two before chastising someone. Sheesh!

I did however, quite unexpectedly, end up with a tv from the Walmart flyer at around 3 in the afternoon. Electronics wasn't a zoo so I thought I'd peruse the floor to see what they had in the $400 range. I got the last ticket for the Samsung 40" LCD tv for $428. Ok. Twist my arm. We have to set it up today. Taking the old heavy arse one down from the shelf is going to be a nightmare though.

I got some iTunes gift cards from Sams Club for $79.23. They were a set of four $25 cards. So I saved a smidge over $20 on $100 iTunes cards. Hubby will be pleased.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I got about a hundred dollars in free money by opening accounts for my kids at ingdirect. :-)

http://www.ingdirect.com/blackfriday/
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #36
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
We wound up getting a couple of things. Mostly for the crotch-fruit (about $130 worth of clothes for around $50 including shipping), a couple few ebooks, and a floor-fan/ceramic heater thing. We're more waiting up for "cyber monday" than anything. Going around the Vegas area was pretty much an exercise in futility.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #37
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I did buy something this week-end after all (not on Friday though, do "special Thanksgiving offers" count?): a couple of discounted apps for my iPad, each for 0.79€: Next! (a checklist and notes app that is a bit weird but works) and Noteshelf (a very nice handwrittten notebook app which I probably won't use much, but hey, it was cheap ).
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #38
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
My daughter wanted to do Black Friday shopping, so I took her for her first venture (she's 18 LOL). We hit the stores about 3am, well after the midnight crowds had left, then made it to other stores as they opened. We got a couple of pairs of shoes and a pair of jeans for her, and a new blanket for my king size bed. My best buy was a new android phone, a Samsung Illusion, which just came out.

I'm expecting my phone by FedEx on Tuesday and am keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good one, since there are no reviews yet. Well, one review, but I discount it because it raves about it being 'the best phone ever' and raves about the battery life 'unlike other phones'. How the hell would they know, the review is dated for the day the phone was released??? Definitely not enough time to guage battery life. But the phone was Free this weekend, so I pulled the trigger.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I went out for a couple of hours on Black Friday and hit two stores to get deals not available online. My first stop was Fred Meyer at 10:30am, where I picked up some half-off blankets, socks, towels, and Rubbermaid. I was in and out in half an hour. Then I went to Costco where I grabbed two more Sansa Clip Zips and a bunch of 16GB mSD cards. I also did some grocery shopping while I was there. Then I went home.

The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the Kindle Touch deal from Staples ($99 + $20 GC). I was hoping it would be online; but since it wasn't, I passed on it. No way am I going to drive 15 miles to fight long lines for a possible chance at one. It wasn't worth the time, effort, and gas for a mere $20 savings. Even then, there was no guarantee that I'd actually get one.

Overall, I scored big. Got a new tablet, media player, MP3 player, camera, and various accessories. I rate this Black Friday a big success.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I should've grabbed a mSD card while at Costco. I pretty much have my Clip Zip full already.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I got a 4GB Sansa Clip Zip for $29.99 from Amazon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #42
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I got a 4GB Sansa Clip Zip for $29.99 from Amazon.
I was wondering if your "puppy eyes" would work on hubby.

I decided not to go out in the madness this year. I did pick up the KK 3G/Wi-Fi w/SO when it was on sale before Thanksgiving. I had a couple of Gift Cards and I decided to go for it. I thought it would give me some practice with the Amazon system of doing things before I get my Fire at Christmas.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I was wondering if your "puppy eyes" would work on hubby.

I decided not to go out in the madness this year. I did pick up the KK 3G/Wi-Fi w/SO when it was on sale before Thanksgiving. I had a couple of Gift Cards and I decided to go for it. I thought it would give me some practice with the Amazon system of doing things before I get my Fire at Christmas.
No it didn't but mama always comes through.

Remember you get a free Month of Prime with your Fire. I admit I am using mine alot more then I thought I would. Free two day shipping is wonderful!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #44
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No it didn't but mama always comes through.

Remember you get a free Month of Prime with your Fire. I admit I am using mine alot more then I thought I would. Free two day shipping is wonderful!
Yay, for moms!

I have to wait for the Fire. It is suppose to be a Christmas gift from my son. He gave me the Sony 505 for Christmas 2008 and recently heard me talking about the Fire. **I hate waiting.**
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Yay, for moms!

I have to wait for the Fire. It is suppose to be a Christmas gift from my son. He gave me the Sony 505 for Christmas 2008 and recently heard me talking about the Fire. **I hate waiting.**
Me too which is why I don't but then I have nothing to unwrap on special days but that's okay with me. Congrats on your Fire! I love mine.