Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Benjamin, Walter: Gesammelte Schriften | v.2.0 | German | Update 19 Jun 2016

»Parallelen schneiden sich in der Unendlichkeit – das sieht man doch.«
W. Benjamin, Haschischversuch vom 11. Mai 1928

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover-a.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	109825

Dieser Band versammelt sämtliche Schriften von Walter Benjamin (1892–1940, Wikipedia).
Enthalten sind:

ABHANDLUNGEN:
Der Begriff der Kunstkritik in der deutschen Romantik, Goethes Wahlverwandtschaften, Ursprung des deutschen Trauerspiels, Das Kunstwerk im Zeitalter seiner technischen Reproduzierbarkeit, Charles Baudelaire – Ein Lyriker im Zeitalter des Hochkapitalismus, Über den Begriff der Geschichte.

AUFSÄTZE, ESSAYS, VORTRÄGE:
Frühe Arbeiten zur Bildungs- und Kulturkritik, Metaphysisch-geschichtsphilosophische Studien, Literarische und ästhetische Essays, Literarische Rundfunkvorträge, Ästhetische Fragmente, Vorträge und Reden, Enzyklopädieartikel, Kulturpolitische Artikel und Aufsätze.

KRITIKEN UND REZENSIONEN: 1912–1940.

BAUDELAIRE-ÜBERTRAGUNGEN:
Tableaux parisiens, Übertragungen aus anderen Teilen der »Fleurs du mal«.

KLEINE PROSA:
Einbahnstraße, Deutsche Menschen, Berliner Kindheit um Neunzehnhundert, Denkbilder, Satiren, Polemiken, Glossen, Berichte, Illustrierte Aufsätze, Hörmodelle, Das kalte Herz, Rundfunkgeschichten für Kinder, Geschichten und Novellistisches, Geschichten und Rätsel, Sonette, Miszellen.

DAS PASSAGEN-WERK:
Exposés, Aufzeichnungen und Materialien, Erste Notizen, Frühe Entwürfe.

FRAGMENTE VERMISCHTEN INHALTS:
Zur Sprachphilosophie und Erkenntniskritik, Zur Moral und Anthropologie, Zur Geschichtsphilosophie, Historik und Politik, Zur Ästhetik, Charakteristiken und Kritiken, Zur Literaturkritik, Zu Grenzgebieten, Betrachtungen und Notizen.

AUTOBIOGRAPHISCHE SCHRIFTEN:
Lebensläufe, Aufzeichnungen 1906–1932, Berliner Chronik, Aufzeichnungen 1933-1939.

ÜBERSETZUNGEN: [s. Update v.2.0]
Gabriele d’Annunzio: Der göttlichen Eleonora Duse; Léon Bloy: Auslegung der Gemeinplätze; Honoré de Balzac: Ursula Mirouet; Marcel Proust: Über das Lesen, Im Schatten der jungen Mädchen, Die Herzogin von Guermantes.

Knapp die Hälfte der Texte stammt von Gutenberg.de, die fehlenden ca. 2500 Seiten wurden aus den Scans von archive.org digitalisiert und korrekturgelesen. Ausgelassen werden musste die französische Übersetzung von »Das Kunstwerk im Zeitalter ...«, da sie noch nicht gemeinfrei ist. Der Aufbau folgt der Suhrkamp-Ausgabe, wobei die Texte aus dem Nachtragsband gemäß der Systematik einsortiert wurden. Auch die Abbildungen, die sich meist am Ende der Bücher befanden, sind an die Stellen verschoben, an denen auf sie Bezug genommen wird.

Bei sämtlichen Texten ist die Formatierung einschließlich aller Absatzumbrüche überprüft und korrigiert, Schriften sind eingebettet und die Fußnoten verlinkt. Über reine Literaturnachweise hinausgehende Fußnoten habe ich zusätzlich mit Sternchen gekennzeichnet. Es gibt die üblichen Inline-Inhaltsverzeichnisse und Links am Ende von Texten und Kapiteln. Darüber hinaus enthält der Band drei alphabetische Register: jeweils eins für die Kritiken und die Fragmente und ein weiteres für die übrigen Texte.

Die Ausgabe ist in Zusammenarbeit mit doubleshuffle entstanden, vielen Dank dafür.

Ich wünsche viel Spaß beim Lesen!

pynch.

Update v.2.0 | 19 Jun 2016.
Ich habe Benjamins Übersetzungen hinzugefügt, sofern sie gemeinfrei sind.

Bisherige Downloads: 1495.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Benjamin - Gesammelte Schriften v.2.0.epub (9.21 MB, 2344 views)

Last edited by pynch; 06-19-2016 at 06:53 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Vielen Dank noch mal! Was wird das nächste sein? Lichtenberg?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Es ist vollbracht! Großartig, danke!

"Zusammenarbeit" ist allerdings ein sehr großzügiges Wort für meinen bescheidenen Beitrag...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Vielen Dank noch mal! Was wird das nächste sein? Lichtenberg?
Verrate ich noch nicht!

Lichtenberg eher nicht, da warte ich noch immer darauf, dass die vollständigen Sudelbücher bei Gutenberg.de auftauchen.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
cover

I've put it on the kobo aura, and it works well as a kepub, which it didn't for Kafka. But the cover seems a bit too dark: on calibre I thought it was all black (I have a big high definition Sony vaio screen). On the aura, I see it is a photo of Benjamin but it could do with lighter, at least more contrasted grey levels. If you prefer it that way, I'll do it for myself on photoshop, but I might not be the only one who likes choosing from the covers.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I've put it on the kobo aura, and it works well as a kepub, which it didn't for Kafka. But the cover seems a bit too dark: on calibre I thought it was all black (I have a big high definition Sony vaio screen). On the aura, I see it is a photo of Benjamin but it could do with lighter, at least more contrasted grey levels. If you prefer it that way, I'll do it for myself on photoshop, but I might not be the only one who likes choosing from the covers.
I do understand that you think it’s too dark, but that was exactly the amount of darkness and detail I wanted (on my calibrated Eizo monitor it’s not all black), and, sorry, but I don’t like optimizing covers for stamp-size thumbnail views. I’m sure I would lose in a discussion about effectivity or practicability, but I’m not aiming for those.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Es ist vollbracht! Großartig, danke!

"Zusammenarbeit" ist allerdings ein sehr großzügiges Wort für meinen bescheidenen Beitrag...
[Jetzt erst entdeckt, den Kommentar!]

Doch, doch, das muss so, ohne dich hätte ich’s nie geschafft.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've put it on the Sony T1 although I don't speak german but your Virginia Woolf book is so nice and pleasant that I was a bit curious about this now. It looks just perfect. I wish my other books would look so nice as well. The cover isn't too dark, you can enjoy it while the Sony Reader is in "sleep mode" and when you wake up your Sony the cover flashes to it's counter-image for a part of a second. Very nice, and very smart.
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
manfred63
Connoisseur
manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Da bin ich aber mal gespannt auf den "Lyriker im Zeitalter des Hochkapitalismus". Jede Zeit hat ihre Dichter. Jeder Mensch möchte die Welt und das Leben mit Schönheit verzaubern. Vielen Dank für das schöne neue Buch!
manfred63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred63 View Post
Jeder Mensch möchte die Welt und das Leben mit Schönheit verzaubern.
Wenn das nur so wäre... Aber ein sehr schöner, frommer Wunsch.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Na, dann schaue ich da auch mal rein. Danke für die Benjamin-Ausgabe!
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 AM   #12
matsch
Connoisseur
matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matsch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pw2
Atemnot, ich stolpere heute über eine Deiner wichtigen, trefflichen, bewundernswert schönen Gesamtausgaben nach der anderen. Habe ich vorher geschlafen? Danke vielmals!

EDIT: Ich formuliere es mal anders: Habe ich vorher nicht "All threads started by pynch" begutachtet? Tatsächlich. Also doch geschlafen.

Last edited by matsch; 08-21-2014 at 04:36 AM.
matsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:02 AM   #13
pynch
why in?

Update v.2.0 | 19 Jun 2016

Es sind nun auch Walter Benjamins Übersetzungen enthalten, sofern sie gemeinfrei sind: Texte von Gabriele d’Annunzio, Léon Bloy, ein Balzac-Roman und 2 Romane und ein Essay von Marcel Proust.

Die beiden Proust-Romane aus der Verlorenenen Zeit stammen von GB.de (und entsprechen somit mehr oder weniger den Erstausgaben), den Rest habe ich aus dem ersten Supplementband selbst erstellt.

Falls mich jemand 2019, 2026, 2034, 2046, 2050 und 2053 daran erinnern könnte, die dann jeweils gemeinfrei werdenden Texte einzustellen, wäre das nett. Für die letztgenannten Daten bitte ich rechtzeitig das zuständige Kryostase-Institut zu informieren, damit sie mich kurz auftauen.

Last edited by pynch; 06-23-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #14
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Also ich lasse meinen Kopf in son Einweckglas packen wie in Futurama. Dann brauche ich nur einen Computer mit voller Stimmkontrolle (oder einen Tippsklaven) und kann Bücher hochladen bis zum Sanktnimmerleinstag.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:17 AM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Welch günstiger Zufall (falls es einer war, pynch?): Es ist doch tatsächlich gerade 80 Jahre her, dass Das Kunstwerk im Zeitalter seiner technischen Reproduzierbarkeit erschien.

In der jungen Welt dazu ein lesenswerter Aufsatz von Moshe Zuckermann, der sich vor allem mit den Differenzen in den Kunstauffassungen Adornos und Benjamins beschäftigt.

Quote:
Es stellt sich gleichwohl die Frage, wer im nachhinein in dieser Kontroverse recht behalten hat. Zwar kann nicht in Abrede gestellt werden, dass Benjamins Diagnose vom Auraverlust als Auswirkung der in der Wahrnehmung des Kunstwerks im Zeitalter seiner technischen Reproduzierbarkeit erfolgten Transformation zutreffend ist. Es handelt sich dabei nicht um einen Vorsatz, sondern um eine zwangsläufige Entsensibilisierung der Wahrnehmung als Folge einer Reizüberflutung, wie sie die Moderne (und die des Spätkapitalismus allemal) hervorgebracht hat. Hingegen darf aber auch festgestellt werden, dass Adornos Bedenken im Hinblick auf den Siegeszug der Kulturindustrie heute noch viel mehr Berechtigung haben, als er zu seiner Zeit noch ahnen konnte. Es gibt wohl kaum noch einen Lebensbereich, der von den Mechanismen der Kulturindustrie nicht infiltriert und kolonisiert wäre. Davon ist der Kinofilm, auf den Benjamin noch (allzu) große Hoffnungen gesetzt hatte, am allerwenigsten ausgenommen. Die Diagnose stimmt, aber das Erschrecken über die gesellschaftlichen Auswirkungen ist nicht weniger stimmig.