Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
The Edge as a Web Server and Development Tool

One of the joys of this forum is reading how others have made use of their Edge. It is such a quirky device with so many possibilities - I think that is why I like it so much.

For those who are interested in mobile development (html5, php), I have found my pocket edge to be fantastic. The following apps have made it easy to code and test wherever I go.

1. Web server - "PAW server" is a great android web server. It is easy to install and configure and the best part (IMO) is the PHP plugin. If you have market working you can download the app from there. Otherwise their is an apk download link on the author's website: http://www.fun2code.de/download.html

Another decent server is "ijetty", a port of the jetty server for android.

2. Code Editor - I really like "touchqode" It has the usual basic formatting features and highlighting. It also has remote access built in so you can browse, open and modify files on a remote site via ftp. Again this is available through the market, but you may be able to find an apk somewhere.

3. LCD2eink - Our very own javese has created several handy apps. I'm not a very good or knowledgeable coder and spend more time looking up how to do stuff than actually coding. With LCD2eink, I can do a search in the browser for a helpful posting or api reference, then capture it to the eink side. That way I can keep a copy of a reference page open on eink while I am coding on the tablet side. As a bonus, if you enable "use wacom pen input" and "capture after pen up" in LCD2eink, you can actually clink on a link on the eink side and have the browser update - browsing on the eink side!

With everything I need to code, test and deploy, I've been able to take my pocket edge and a bluetooth keyboard out the coffee shop and be productive.

I would be interested in hearing about other people's coding experience or favorites on the edge.

Last edited by solarbanjo; 01-14-2012 at 12:25 PM.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Great way to use the PE. Also, had not realized that LCD2eInk could do that!

I think I'll set up something similar just for kicks.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
code, html, php, server, web