Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've been rereading last years The Best Small Fictions anthology the last couple of days.

Just re-read this one and found it on line: Before She was a Memory by Emma Bolden
I bought that from Amazon when it came out. It's an excellent book of flash fiction pieces.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I bought that from Amazon when it came out. It's an excellent book of flash fiction pieces.
Yep there's a new one on the way this fall. Edited by Stuart Dybek from what I've been told.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yep there's a new one on the way this fall. Edited by Stuart Dybek from what I've been told.
My Review of this (I was provided with an Advanced Readers Copy) is posted at Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho...k-up3169573015
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:43 AM   #34
BenWorsfold
Lovecraftian Aficionado
BenWorsfold began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've written a few flash fiction pieces, both about 600-700 words in length. I usually started off with a sentence or idea, then sort of went from there. I tended to write the whole thing in one sitting- not sure if that's a good idea or not, but there you go.

After this process, I ended up with... things. A personal favourite was an inner monologue told by someone- or something- watching the reader drown. Make of that what you will!
BenWorsfold is offline   Reply With Quote