Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #916
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
So far, it hasn't blown up on my K2, AFAICT, but I was wondering how this work, if that was resolved at compile or run time... .

Anyway:

Code:
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE: 61448
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE: 61449
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61450
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61452
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61450
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_BACK: 61441
EDIT: And I get the same output when run on a K2 with Kindlet-1.2.jar :?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #917
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
So far, it hasn't blown up on my K2, AFAICT, but I was wondering how this work, if that was resolved at compile or build time... .

Anyway:

Code:
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE: 61448
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE: 61449
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61450
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61452
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_TURN_PAGE_BACK: 61450
KUAL: KindleKeyCodes.VK_BACK: 61441
EDIT: And I get the same output when run on a K2 with Kindlet-1.2.jar :?
Hmpf. Stumped. You do?!

Can you give me a link to that K2 one via PM plz?

(By now, I wouldn't even be surprised if Lab126 employees ate puppies for breakfast, but breaking compatibility even within versions would still be sort of... counterproductive).

BTW, are you ok if I commit some major refactorings to your branch? (I'm almost there, just have to test it more thoroughly)...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #918
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: Sure, no problem .

EDIT: In case that wasn't clear, I meant at runtime. That's a poor man's debug printf to KUAL's log. If I build against Kindlet-1.2, I indeed get missing symbols at buildtime.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-11-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #919
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No... that doesn't make sense. All the K4 firmwares that I have here (the earliest one being 4.0.0) all come with kindlet-1.3.jar.

And the 1.2 one (from K3 3.4.0) reads:
Code:
// Decompiled by Jad v1.5.8e. Copyright 2001 Pavel Kouznetsov.
// Jad home page: http://www.geocities.com/kpdus/jad.html
// Decompiler options: packimports(3) 
// Source File Name:   pob

package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.event;

public final class KindleKeyCodes
{

private KindleKeyCodes()
    {
    }

public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_SELECT = 61451;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_LEFT = 37;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_RIGHT = 39;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_UP = 33;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_DOWN = 34;
    public static final int VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE = 61448;
    public static final int VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE = 61449;
    public static final int VK_TURN_PAGE_BACK = 61450;
    /**
     * @deprecated Field VK_FONT_SIZE is deprecated
     */
    public static final int VK_FONT_SIZE = 61447;
    public static final int VK_TEXT = 61447;
    public static final int VK_SYMBOL = 61443;
    public static final int VK_MENU = 65482;
    public static final int VK_BACK = 61441;
}
Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #920
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ixtab: See the last edit in my previous post, I made a magnificent typo, we might be running in circles for no good reason ^^.
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #921
ixtab
(offline)

Phew. Not my fault, but your fault... somewhere, some time.

This is the decompiled K2 file:

Code:
$ jad com/amazon/kindle/kindlet/event/KindleKeyCodes.class 
Parsing com/amazon/kindle/kindlet/event/KindleKeyCodes.class...The class file version is 48.0 (only 45.3, 46.0 and 47.0 are supported)
 Generating KindleKeyCodes.jad
$ cat KindleKeyCodes.jad 
// Decompiled by Jad v1.5.8e. Copyright 2001 Pavel Kouznetsov.
// Jad home page: http://www.geocities.com/kpdus/jad.html
// Decompiler options: packimports(3) 
// Source File Name:   hjb

package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.event;

public final class KindleKeyCodes
{

private KindleKeyCodes()
    {
    }

public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_SELECT = 61451;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_LEFT = 37;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_RIGHT = 39;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_UP = 33;
    public static final int VK_FIVE_WAY_DOWN = 34;
    public static final int VK_RIGHT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE = 61448;
    public static final int VK_LEFT_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE = 61449;
    public static final int VK_TURN_PAGE_BACK = 61450;
    /**
     * @deprecated Field VK_FONT_SIZE is deprecated
     */
    public static final int VK_FONT_SIZE = 61447;
    public static final int VK_TEXT = 61447;
    public static final int VK_SYMBOL = 61443;
    public static final int VK_MENU = 65482;
    public static final int VK_BACK = 61441;
}
No sign of any TURN_PAGE_BACK constants there either. You must have done some voodoo to get them in there
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #922
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ixtab: Yep, definitely not there, but it somehow works at runtime when I build against a version which defines said constants (1.3) :?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #923
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
@ixtab: Yep, definitely not there, but it somehow works at runtime when I build against a version which defines said constants (1.3) :?
Voodoo... as I said.

Seriously: it should be impossible. But maybe there actually is some compile-time optimization (even though I was convinced that there wasn't) - to me, that's the only logical explanation that is left. Anyway, I'm now in favor of committing only code which can actually *compile* with kindlet-1.2.jar only

... Will push my refactorings to your branch in... say 10 minutes.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #924
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ixtab: Looks good on both my K4 & K2 .

One note: The status bar/breadcrumb now uses the same font size as the buttons (it used to use a slightly larger font size).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #925
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
@ixtab: Looks good on My K4. Will check on the K2 .

One note: The status bar/breadcrumb now uses the same font size as the buttons (it used to use a slightly larger font size).
Oh... did it? Damn, back to work then (see my comment here -- I guess I was wrong then). Fixing it now.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #926
NiLuJe
BLAM!

^^.

For reference, compare this screenshot to the second one in this post.

It's a bit more visible with the custom font, but also happens on the K4 with default fonts .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-756.gif
Views:	179
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	108137  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #927
ixtab
(offline)

5 lines of code... done
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #928
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, fixed in 2ae28b5 \o/.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #929
mike54321
mike54321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Just purchased a new PW which arrived from AMZ this past week. It shipped with 5.3.4.

Having done my research (I thought) I applied the jailbreak immediately, and it appeared to install fine and the jbr log indicated success. However, I was unable to run the KUAL launcher 2.0 and it says the "Kindlet Jailbreak Not Installed".

So I put the 2.0 in the documents file, tried reinstalling the jailbreak, the developer certs, then the launcher again. No success, same message.

In part because they were pushing out the 5.3.6 OTA update to me immediately, I tried resetting and reinstalling everything. Still no dice.

The crash.log file in the developer/KUAL/work reported: "This kindle is not a test device." That doesn't always appear however.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have read through the forums and am willing to test things, have UNIX cli skills so ssh and vi are in my purview. Could this be a new wrinkle?

All I want to do is install KOReader!

thanks
mike54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #930
mike54321
mike54321 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54321 View Post
Just purchased a new PW which arrived from AMZ this past week. It shipped with 5.3.4.

Having done my research (I thought) I applied the jailbreak immediately, and it appeared to install fine and the jbr log indicated success. However, I was unable to run the KUAL launcher 2.0 and it says the "Kindlet Jailbreak Not Installed".

So I put the 2.0 in the documents file, tried reinstalling the jailbreak, the developer certs, then the launcher again. No success, same message.

In part because they were pushing out the 5.3.6 OTA update to me immediately, I tried resetting and reinstalling everything. Still no dice.

The crash.log file in the developer/KUAL/work reported: "This kindle is not a test device." That doesn't always appear however.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have read through the forums and am willing to test things, have UNIX cli skills so ssh and vi are in my purview. Could this be a new wrinkle?

All I want to do is install KOReader!

thanks
Also my serial number starts with B024, as I see from reading past threads. I'd also like to make it clear I am applying the correct KUAL launcher file, the one for the PW, applying certs and rescue .bin files one at a time, etc.
mike54321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified