Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
tazzu
tazzu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1: Fix for Periodicals

Using the Sony PRS-T1 (Firmware 1.0.03.11140), I kept running into the previously reported error that some periodicals created from recipes were displayed with a big "Table of Contents" bar at the bottom (picture at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158881).

After some testig, I now found that this behavior is related to the following line in their META-INF\metadata.xml:

<dcterms:conformsTo rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/periodicals/1.0/newspaper/1.0"/>

The problem can indeed be solved by reconnecting to Calibre as it contains a fix for cleaning up this entry in the books.db on the reader (fix is discussed at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155391). After the database field has been cleared, the periodical is opened correctly, i.e., without the huge "Table of Contents" bar at the bottom.

However, if the epub-file does not specify the "conformsTo" line, the books.db is directly populated correctly and the periodicals display fine without having to reconnect using Calibre and clean up the database afterwards. This is why I would recommend not to add the "conformsTo" line for all Sony PRS-T1 exports. This would allow to copy epub-files created using "--output-profile sony" directly to the reader without having to clean up books.db.

Unfortunately, I cannot test the behavior of epub-files without this line on other readers but hopefully, it is implemented at least for the "sony" output profile.

Thanks
tazzu
tazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That line is needed in epubs to enable periodical navigation on all other SONY readers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibe, epub creation, prs-t1, sony prs t1