Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
frankdm
frankdm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Can't read djvu-formatted books in Calibre

A few weeks ago I could read a djvu book in Calibre by clicking on "VIEW." Now, when I try it, Calibre brings up an ePub reader and an apparent attempt at conversion ensues. To stop the conversion before my laptop heats up I have to go to Processes (Windows 7) and delete the offending process (identified as a Calibre process.)
I can read a djvu book outside of Calibre. using WinDJViewer. I have the appropriate file association for it, and can double click on the file name in Windows Explorer.
I'll bet there's some setting that will allow me to read the book when it's cataloged in Calibre. Can someone help?
frankdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdm View Post
A few weeks ago I could read a djvu book in Calibre by clicking on "VIEW." Now, when I try it, Calibre brings up an ePub reader and an apparent attempt at conversion ensues. To stop the conversion before my laptop heats up I have to go to Processes (Windows 7) and delete the offending process (identified as a Calibre process.)
I can read a djvu book outside of Calibre. using WinDJViewer. I have the appropriate file association for it, and can double click on the file name in Windows Explorer.
I'll bet there's some setting that will allow me to read the book when it's cataloged in Calibre. Can someone help?
Preference: Behavior

remove the tick in the right column for thos you wish NOT to use Calibre viewer
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
frankdm
frankdm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you.

Works fine. Thanks again.
frankdm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags