Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Why not try PDFRead 1.8.2? Make sure to get the dos updates at the bottom of the 1st post there.
Thanks I will.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I've had much better luck with PDFLRF and Rasterfarian than PDFread, but by all means, try them all and see what you like.
Good idea. I will let you know how it comes out.
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I use PDFill PDF Tools (Free). It comes with a trial version of their PDF Editor but it doesn't take up much space anyway.

You can't preview PDF documents with PDF Tools, but if you need to do a constant crop on all pages, it works very nicely. To figure out cropping margins, what I do is export a page from the PDF to image (PNG, usually 100 dpi for easy calculations: 1in=100px ), open the image in IrfanView and crop it from there. Once I have the margin values, I just do a batch crop on the original PDF file in PDF Tools.

If you have a PDF reader which displays rulers, then you can base cropping margin from there. No need to convert to images. Try as I might, though, I couldn't find any way to show rulers on Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.
Thanks for the details I will give it a shot this weekend.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only good news would be that publishers have dropped PDF as an eBook format and instead replaced them with well formatted ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only good news would be that publishers have dropped PDF as an eBook format and instead replaced them with well formatted ePub.
Wouldn't help me I don't buy ebooks. Because you wind up just renting them and sometimes for idiotic prices.
Advert