Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Reminder : Houston, Texas (USA) meetup October 4, afternoon / evening

MobileRead to Houston : Meetup in T minus one week...

Since MR member and participant vivaldirules has already done a stellar job of writing up a very enticing reminder, I'm just going to shamelessly quote him :

Quoting vivaldirules :
Houston, we're just one week from our MobileRead Meet-up! Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and join us.

I think there are at least half a dozen or more who have indicated they're planning to come including NatCh (from the Republic of Texas Embassy in Tennessee), Ralph Sir Edward (with his brother), Ricky Maveety, Elsi, Amalthia, and yours truly (Arf! - I don't bark, I promise you). And I'm sure Zelda will be there in spirit and probably others, too [I confirm ! I'm at all the meetups in spirit. --ZP]. And perhaps virtually. I'll have my laptop with me so we can post or chat in real time while sipping iced tea on the veranda.

So put it on your calendar now: the afternoon and evening (centered around 5:00 pm) on Saturday, October 4 at the Panera Bread in The Woodlands (1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. which is here: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30....dlands%2C%20tx). Bring your mobile reading devices if you have them and your curiosity if you don't. We should have a great time!

P.S. - Ike? Take a hike! Yes, there's been some hurricane damage and power outages but they won't affect our Meet-up. The Panera Bread is open and ready to serve us, the roads are clear, and there's power. If you're concerned, don't be. But if you'd like to make a contribution to the American Red Cross Disaster Fund, that would be most helpful and terribly nice of you.

To recapitulate the important details :
Saturday October 4
afternoon / evening (centered around 5:00)

Panera Bread in The Woodlands
1201 Lake Woodlands Dr.

It sounds delightful ! Don't miss it, whatever you do ! You'll regret it...

Now if someone would just explain to me what a "Panera Bread" is...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Roger, Houston, we are still GO for meeting.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Excellent announcement, Zee. What is a Panera Bread? Why, I'm shocked! Shocked and amazed that you don't know! It's French, of course, and strictly translated it means "MobileRead Peoples Hang Out Place to Break Bread Together". Or something like that. Or else it means "Anti-Lemur and Anti-SHUMS Refuge for The Down-Trodden but Well-Read". Wait, let me get my French-English dictionary to be sure.....
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I've never gone into one. But, it's kind of a combination between a bakery and a cafe.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks for the explanation. vr, clearly panera bread is some sort of safe haven with high-level protection, and as such i will be seeking them out from now on wherever i go.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I went to a Panera Bread once, in St. Louis, introduced by my back-then-girlfriend whose school was just a few blocks away. They certainly do know how to do yummy sandwiches - a perfect place for a quick lunch!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
And they have free wi-fi.
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
I'll try to come (really I want to), but saturday is a busy day for me. I have family obligations on the other side of town, plus I have to pick up the slack on teleread because of David's heart attack. It would be a shame to miss out on an ebookers shindig.

50% likely to attend.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
I'll try to come (really I want to), but saturday is a busy day for me. I have family obligations on the other side of town, plus I have to pick up the slack on teleread because of David's heart attack. It would be a shame to miss out on an ebookers shindig.

50% likely to attend.
I understand, Robert, and wish David and you and others at TeleRead the best. I'm hoping you can make it on Saturday, though. We'd love to meet with you. And, of course, you have an Axim x50v which I've never seen and am not sure I can even spell correctly (how did I do?).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Our "bready bread" restaurants are no stranger than Los Angeles' having "the the tar tar pits" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Brea).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meetup