Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #481
Pono
Pono began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N647B
Can I get the image for the N647B, please?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #482
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pono View Post
Can I get the image for the N647B, please?
PM sent.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:11 AM   #483
stepkey1
stepkey1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
hi could I get a copy of the image for the kobo n647 please
Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #484
stepkey1

could you send me the link please

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
My apologies for not updating my original post sooner (had subscribe to threads set to notify weekly and not instant).
As I wrote on the second post, I was able to get my reader back up and running correctly. I had to remove the micro SD card from the reader by removing the back cover (very easy to do), and I used the program win32diskimager (with Windows XP) and wrote a good image to the card. After I replaced the micro SD card in the reader, it worked just as it should.
My original problem was the reader was not seeing any books either on the external SD card, or books on the reader itself, even the user guide could not be accessed, and every time I rebooted the device, it would say "updating your reader", which seemed odd. Once I flashed the good image back on the micro sd card, it's back to normal.
The original update (over wifi) went OK, but after the second day, it crashed/froze when I opened a book I was reading, and I had to do a hard reset on it. After that, that's when the problems started.
If anyone wants the image file, PM me and I'll send you a link to it (about 2gb in size).
Old 07-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #485
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepkey1 View Post
could you send me the link please
PM sent.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #486
stepkey1

never got the PM

stephan@lamagiedenoel.ca
Old 07-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #487
flyboy320
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepkey1 View Post
never got the PM

stephan@lamagiedenoel.ca
Resent.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #488
freud
freud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD
Help!!
I'm a newby... I have a Kobo Glo... I use it daily, 'cause I'm a sort of compulsive reader... Long story short: Kobo asked me to do an update (to version 3.15)... ok...everything seemed allright... The update deleted all my ebooks, but I had saved them long time ago with calibre.. After the updated, I noticed that, even if all my books have been deleted, all my "collections'names" remained untouched... I tried to delete them but... a couple of them seemed to be "undeletable"...
I've decided to restore the original state of my kobo... after that I tried to update it again... BOOM. Connection failed... Kobo is dead: I mean, I can't light it, I can't connect it to my pc... Even if I try to make it works pushing the small trigger on the bottom side (using a small needle) the green light blinks a couple of times, then the blue one... and that's all!
I've opened it, and tried to read the microsd on my pc... not possible, apparently I should format it (moreover, it is recognised as a 256mb card, not as a 4giga one).

What can I do? (Except for buying a new device)?

Last edited by freud; 07-05-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #489
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud View Post
Help!!
I'm a newby... I have a Kobo Glo... I use it daily, 'cause I'm a sort of compulsive reader... Long story short: Kobo asked me to do an update (to version 3.15)... ok...everything seemed allright... The update deleted all my ebooks, but I had saved them long time ago with calibre.. After the updated, I noticed that, even if all my books have been deleted, all my "collections'names" remained untouched... I tried to delete them but... a couple of them seemed to be "undeletable"...
I've decided to restore the original state of my kobo... after that I tried to update it again... BOOM. Connection failed... Kobo is dead: I mean, I can't light it, I can't connect it to my pc... Even if I try to make it works pushing the small trigger on the bottom side (using a small needle) the green light blinks a couple of times, then the blue one... and that's all!
I've opened it, and tried to read the microsd on my pc... not possible, apparently I should format it (moreover, it is recognised as a 256mb card, not as a 4giga one).

What can I do? (Except for buying a new device)?
The only strange thing about this is that the books disappeared when an update was done. That probably means the database was already corrupted and was rebuilt when the device rebooted to install the update. I am surprised any sideloaded books were not added immediately, but, they might have been added on another restart. This could also mean the database was still corrupted, but not in a way that the device detected. And what happened when you put the card in to the PC is expected from a Windows PC.

Depending on what you did to the SD card when you had it in the PC, you should be able to do a factory reset using the buttons. The steps are:

- Charge the device for an hour or so.
- Hold the power slider in the off position for about 20 seconds. This is to ensure it is off.
- Hold the light button down and turn it on.
- Release the light button when the LED starts to flash.

This should restore to factory settings and prompt you to do a setup. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again with a little more time at each step.

And in case the trip through Windows has damaged the SD cards, I will send you a link to the image.

And I should point out that this is the wrong place for this post. This thread is about the Kobo WiFi and a known problem with updating it. While you symptoms were similar, they were unrelated.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:17 AM   #490
freud
freud began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD
Thank's 4 all your tips... and sorry for my mistake: could u point me to the right thread?

P.S. I've tried to follow all your steps... Kobo seems to work once again!

I've completed the update (using my wi-fi conn)... lighted the reader... even my database has disappeared!!!!!!

THANK'S SO SO SO MUCH!!!

Greetings from Italy

Last edited by freud; 07-06-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #491
tube7
tube7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Can I get an image for the n647....thanks
Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #492
gordm
gordm began at the beginning.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought this kobo, my first ereader and when I connected it to the WI-FI i did the upgrade, can someone please send me an image for the n647 and directions on how to load it.

thanks
Old 07-11-2015, 02:39 AM   #493
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #494
sean1226
sean1226 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
I would really appreciate an Image for an N647B please
Many thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #495
gordm
gordm began at the beginning.