Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #166
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
A Dremel Tool or other Rotary Tool with a thin cutoff wheel, works great for me. Light strokes let you deal with very thin shells without damaging what's beneath.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #167
tigran
Zealot
tigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Aura HD and H2O,Kobo Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Well, here is one on eBay for just 99p:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P4PM-30mm-...-/301018069642

I bought it for "future projects"...

No, Frenzie, I didn't even know that there is such a thing as "hole saw" until yesterday. I never needed to do DIY in my life (was always "a pure theorist", from school to University and then in real life also
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #168
Frenzie
Connoisseur
Frenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the roughFrenzie is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hm, are you sure that particular model is suited for wood and (soft) plastics? It looks more like the type you use on stone or glass or something. I suppose for that little money it doesn't matter much.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #169
tigran
Zealot
tigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

UPDATE: I now have 128GB in my Kobo Aura H2O: 64GB internal + 64GB external. I was quite surprised to discover that the external slot actually supports microSDXC cards.

Now, the next step is to try 128GB + 128GB = 256GB total. I will try that as soon as my 128GB cards arrive (hopefully tomorrow). Btw I got very cheap 128GB microSDXC (but from an official SanDisk retailer, so a fake is unlikely but I'll check it of course) here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371093783490
Old 12-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #170
tigran
Zealot

UPDATE: 128GB in the external slot is confirmed as working fine. This is the SANDISK card bought from the above URL (and I have verified it --- it is NOT fake!). I will also test to see if it can be used as internal storage.

Btw, Kobo Mini is working fine with 64GB internal microsd (SanDisk Ultra I)

Last edited by tigran; 12-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard