Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #8341
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
More instrumental music while I grade, this time in the form of Helen Jane Long's beautiful piano.

astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #8342
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Excellent he/they did some wonderful stuff.

Did you know Alan Parsons was the recording engineer for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and the Beatles Let it Be?
I'd heard that he worked with both musical acts, but I didn't know the specifics. Most of what I knew about The Beatles' Let It Be is that it was the album produced by Phil Spector rather than George Martin. As far as Dark Side Of Moon goes, I'd heard about the album for years but never listened to it (except for the song Money which was used as a theme for a financial program on the radio) until recently when I bought the album on CD.

My first experience with The Alan Parsons Project (TAPP) is the album Ammonia Avenue due its great song Don't Answer Me and its accompanying music video. Other than the greatest hits album, I didn't have any other TAPP albums for a long while.

The song If I Could Change Your Mind has led me to begin collected all of TAPP's albums. I've already purchased Tales Of Mystery And Imagination and I Robot and will eventually get all of the albums.

In a related note, the TAPP song Old And Wise was covered by Dana Winner, as shown in the following video:

Dana Winner is an artist that recently to my attention due to her cover of my favorite ABBA song, The Winner Takes It All:

In my searching for Dana Winner videos, I happened upon the following:

As a fan of the Carpenters, it's good to see their music covered by others. They did so many great songs, although with some songs (like this one, a song that was written for them) someone else had the hit:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #8343
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Because of kennyc, I am stuck listening to those two since yesterday

All Along The Watch Tower
TV version

Live version

EDIT: I wasn't using the youtube tags properly, so I removed them

Last edited by samhy; 01-18-2013 at 06:19 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #8344
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oopsie.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #8345
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Tommy Emmanuel

wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #8346
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #8347
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I keep hearing (and humming) the tune "the road goes ever on and on..."
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #8348
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I keep hearing (and humming) the tune "the road goes ever on and on..."
Had to look it up, as I haven't seen the film yet. Just how I imagined the songs being sung in the Hobbit and LOTR.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #8349
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I haven't seen the movie either, which makes it even weirder it's been in my head for days!
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #8350
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I haven't seen the movie either, which makes it even weirder it's been in my head for days!
And are the voices telling you to do bad things...?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #8351
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
If you play this through your head maybe it will bring an end to your road going on and on and on and on ......

But what will stop this from doing the same.

wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #8352
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
As the Water Flows by Riley Lee (Shakuhachi Flute)

victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #8353
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
Wow I love this. Any particular album you'd recommend?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #8354
orlok
Close to the Edit!

My 16 yo daughter turned me on to this track, and I can't get enough of it.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #8355
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
My 16 yo daughter ...
My condolences.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)