Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
MS14-049: Description of the security update for Windows Installer Service: August 12, 2014

That's one of the updates I have not installed being lazy and all (thank goodness). It is KB2918614. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit. But I know it also effects Windows 8.1.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-35b536edc158

That is the update that breaks things and I will not be installing it. What is the best way to get the word out to get everyone with Windows 7 on to uninstall this update?
It's not only Win 7 - its all currently supported Windows versions ==>> MS14-049: Description of the security update for Windows Installer Service: August 12, 2014

Quote:
What is the best way to get the word out to get everyone with Windows 7 on to uninstall this update?
Jon, I suggest locked Sticky with your link, the one above and this one ==>> Removing updates - Windows Help

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-07-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Fixed error noted in next post
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
BR, I think you got the MS Security Bulletin from 2013. You want this one from 2014... https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ms14-049.aspx

This shows al the different Windows versions that this update applies to... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2918614
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks Jon, no idea how that happened, I know I looked at the 2014 one at one stage.

I'll blame Firefox 32, its context menu has a smartphone-like top button bar. And all my carefully ordered menu items have moved. I drive using context menus with up/down arrows what was 4 up arrows is now 7 <grhhh>

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote