Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Apple iPad Driving New Interest in Tablet PCs, Says Report

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...Report-403808/

Quote:
"The main focus of media tablets is entertainment. A tablet will not replace a laptop, netbook or mobile phone,” Orr continued, “but will remain an additional premium or luxury product for wealthy industrialized markets for at least several years.”
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Yep, that's the main thing the iPad announcement has done for me--get me stoked to see what else comes out.

They set the bar high IMO with the form factor, battery life and $500 starting price, so I can't wait to see what else comes out.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I agree that the prospect of the new tablets that will be created as a result of the iPad is the best thing about the iPad.

I do not agree that a tablet computer will never replace a netbook. In fact, I want a netbook in tablet format. My Samsung netbook is perfect, but is not the right form factor. Give me a netbook with no keyboard and with multi-touch please! Current battery life on my Samsung is about 7.5 hours, this is perfectly fine for me.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote