Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Kvasnicka
Kvasnicka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Book download plugin - help requested

Hi,

I just finished modifications of my first metadata plugin and we'ld like to extend it. I have plugin like Goodreads Metadata plugin etc. and I want for registered users on starting website www.onlineknihovna.cz alow downloading e-book (full-text book in various formats) into Calibre.

I'm expecting I have to do GUI plugin (for user`s log in, select books etc.), but how I tell Calibre: "There is a book"? I have seen some tips to have a look on gui2/ebook_download.py but how can I identify a book? Can I access via identifiers like in metadata plugins?

Many thanks for any good advice,
Paul
Kvasnicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to do that from a metadata download plugin. What you need is to write a store plugin for the get books calibre feature.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Kvasnicka

Thanks for quick response. I'll study more development forum and when I lose I'll ask again.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #4
Kvasnicka

I've one more question about Metadata plugins:
How can I set/update user metadata (when I add user columns like language, translator, etc.) via metadata plugin? Is it possible?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it's not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert