Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #601
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Thanks Katsunami. I am obviously stupid and bow to your superior knowledge. Seriously, though, how could I not have realised that?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #602
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
Thanks Katsunami. I am obviously stupid and bow to your superior knowledge. Seriously, though, how could I not have realised that?
The box was trying to tell you there were no NUMERIC custom columns to be used. (note: the PI also dose not keep you from putting the count into the wrong numeric, custom column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #603
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
I'm unable to determine if you are being sarcastic, or if you actually forgot to create a column first. If you did create a column already, it would've been best to mention that in the post.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #604
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I was being serious. I did not realise that was how to create a column. I hadn't created a column already, which was stupid. Anyway, thanks again.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #605
sisteczko
sisteczko began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Djvu direct page read support?

Large portion of my academic books' and papers' collection is in djvu (with the text layer). Is it possible to tune the plugin to use the actual number of pages rather than the estimate? This way the behaviour would be more consistent with the already existing support for PDF

After all, Djvu is more an alternative to PDF, rather then e-Book Reader's format.
sisteczko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #606
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Flesch-Reading-Ease for German

Hi,

i would like to use it for the German language. I found some adapted formula for Flesch-Reading-Ease for German in wikipedia.

The formula for the english language should be:
FRE = 206,835 - (1,015 * ASL) - (84,6 * ASW)

The adapted German one is:
FRE (German) = 180-ASL - (58,5-ASW)

ASL: (Average Sentence Length)
ASW: (Average Number of Syllables per Word)

This is the German Wikipedia:
Lesbarkeitsindex – Wikipedia
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbark...h_Reading_Ease

If you like to read some automatic translations:
Google Translator
http://translate.google.com/translat...h_Reading_Ease

Microsoft Translator:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...h_Reading_Ease

WorldLingo Website Translation
http://www.worldlingo.com/SYls3jUpdI...kcM-/translate

Is there a chance to get this great plugin for Flesch-Reading-Ease for the German language?

Best Regards,
Anselm
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #607
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could do a simple Hack on the PI (it is just a Zip file)

Just edit the formula in statistics.py

: get_flesch_kincaid...
Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #608
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You could do a simple Hack on the PI (it is just a Zip file)

Just edit the formula in statistics.py

: get_flesch_kincaid...
Thanks, good idea .

I think i have to adapt the computation of complex words too.
def countComplexWords
#Checking proper nouns. If a word starts with a capital letter
#and is NOT at the beginning of a sentence we don't add it
#as a complex word.

I do not really understand, why this is done for the English language. But for the German language, a noun with a capital letter is a proper noun, even within the sentence.

Addition:
Oh, i just see i do not need the complex words for the Flesch-Reading-Ease. I would need it for the adaption of the Gunning-Fog-Index.

Last edited by AnselmD; 11-02-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: New facts
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #609
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
Thanks, good idea .

I think i have to adapt the computation of complex words too.
def countComplexWords
#Checking proper nouns. If a word starts with a capital letter
#and is NOT at the beginning of a sentence we don't add it
#as a complex word.

I do not really understand, why this is done for the English language. But for the German language, a noun with a capital letter is a proper noun, even within the sentence.

Addition:
Oh, i just see i do not need the complex words for the Flesch-Reading-Ease. I would need it for the adaption of the Gunning-Fog-Index.
You have gone way past my skill level
I just knew where the hack needed to be.
I wonder if the PI could be made to detect the value of {Language} (in Calibre) and use a more specific formula if it exists
(Case-Otherwise)

Keep your formula code versions (formulaname_de), and offer to send them to the Author, he might incorporate language specific calculations
Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #610
Lord Honig
Lord Honig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Cannot configure

How do I configure Count Pages? None of the menus, apart from "Algorithm" give any results. It's calibre 1.10 with ubuntu 13.04 (mint).
Lord Honig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #611
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Honig View Post
How do I configure Count Pages? None of the menus, apart from "Algorithm" give any results. It's calibre 1.10 with ubuntu 13.04 (mint).
Did you create (and assign in CP) the numeric column to put the results into?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #612
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Lord Honig,
This plugin does not operate like the equivalent word processor function. In a word processor you're limiting the count to the active document, so a dialog can popup and show the results. In calibre, there is no active document, but there is an infinite number of potential documents -- all of those that calibre tracks! -- so a popup dialog is not effective. Instead, the plugin performs the count and saves the results in custom column(s).

So, in order to use Count Pages, you must manually create the necessary custom columns to hold the resulting counts. The creation of those columns is not automated (ie, done by the plugin without user intervention). Without those columns, there is no place for the number(s) to be shown/saved. After creating the column(s) you must tell the plugin their names in the Customize menu option.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #613
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Honig View Post
Follow the directions in the first post of this thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #614
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi,

when I try to use Count Pages, I get this:
Code:
Count Page/Word Statistics
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 42, in get_resources
  File "zipfile.py", line 931, in read
  File "zipfile.py", line 957, in open
  File "zipfile.py", line 905, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named u'translations/hu.mo' in the archive"
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 5852 (Sand Castles)
	Computed 85.3 Flesch Reading
	Computed 4.8 Flesch-Kincaid Grade
	Computed 8.9 Gunning Fog Index
	Found 5 pages
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 42, in get_resources
  File "zipfile.py", line 931, in read
  File "zipfile.py", line 957, in open
  File "zipfile.py", line 905, in getinfo
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on /tmp/calibre_1.12.0_tmp_odbQfd/epx7Y9_count_pages/5852.epub
	Page count: 5.0
	Results of NLTK text analysis:
	  Number of characters: 5977
	  Number of words: 1357
	  Number of sentences: 93
	  Number of syllables: 1722
	  Number of complex words: 111
	  Average words per sentence: 14
	Flesch Reading Ease: 85.2696573324
	Flesch Kincade Grade: 4.84391304348
	Gunning Fog: 8.87192336035
The columns get updated, tho.
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #615
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
suggests there's no translation for Hungarian

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin