Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
bubak
Connoisseur
bubak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Multiple Page Sites

The reusable code to load multiple-page articles is IMHO wrong. It uses preprocess_html which is applied "after the cleanup as specified by remove_tags etc.", so no cleanup is done on the following pages, at least this is what I experience on FAZ.NET. This site in particular offers a link to 'Article on one page', so this could be used before cleanup instead of appending pages, but I'm not sure what would be the correct way, skip_ad_pages (but this accepts soup but returns the HTML, so in case this page is ok, one cannot use it) or get_article_url(then the article might have to be loaded twice). Couldn't we have a function that gets and returns the same object, soup or text and is applied right after loading the article content?
bubak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
preprocess_raw_html()

or if the URL scheme is fixed, then print_version()
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:50 AM   #3
bubak
Connoisseur
bubak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yes, thanks. I was actually hoping for the soup version which would be easier to parse and avoid duplicate parsing but I understand it would more or less duplicate preprocess_raw_html.
bubak is offline   Reply With Quote