Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
hank7v
hank7v began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
m92 shows empty (unmounted?) SD card

Dear all,

I used my 8GB SDHC card last time to update my boox to the 1.7 version. Today the update to the new 1.8 version didn't work, and I realized the SD card was not read correctly: when it is inserted, the boox switch to SD window, but an empty list is shown.

I tried with another SD cards, formatted and re-formatted, and with any kind of content other than the .zip update file...

some idea? do I have to think to hardware problems? may the last update be a coincidence?

the bed thing is that I cannot update to older or newer version without the SD , right?

thank you very much

Fabrizio
hank7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank7v View Post
[...]I realized the SD card was not read correctly: when it is inserted, the boox switch to SD window, but an empty list is shown.

I tried with another SD cards, formatted and re-formatted, and with any kind of content other than the .zip update file...
First things that come to my head:
  • check the card for filesystem errors using Windows -- I understand you already formatted it, but just give it a try
  • try to insert the card with the device off, turn it on and see if anything happens;
  • plug the USB cable and see if it shows you one or two disk units (internal alone or with SD);
It works If it doesn't work, write me a PM I can guide you through connecting to the device via USB and see what's wrong.

Ciao!

(P.S. you can PM me in Italian, too )

Last edited by FDD; 11-09-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Typo
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank7v View Post
Dear all,

I used my 8GB SDHC card last time to update my boox to the 1.7 version. Today the update to the new 1.8 version didn't work, and I realized the SD card was not read correctly: when it is inserted, the boox switch to SD window, but an empty list is shown.

some idea? do I have to think to hardware problems? may the last update be a coincidence?

the bed thing is that I cannot update to older or newer version without the SD , right?

thank you very much

Fabrizio
Hi,
possibly it is a hardware problem. I suggest you to contact your vendor for warranty repair.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote