Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Any thinner and the current camera won't fit. And besides look at the new iPad, it got thicker and a high resolution camera to boot. They are Apple and they tend to outdo the competition when releasing a new product.
Any thinner and the dang thing will snap in two. The current cam is pretty worthless. I never use it. What Apple needs to do is reverse their thinning obsession and bulk things up so they can add things. Why don't they just stuff iPod touch guts inside the iPhone shell?
  • iPhone: 0.46" --> 0.48" --> 0.48" --> 0.37" --> 0.37"
  • iPod touch: 0.31" --> 0.33" --> 0.33" --> 0.28"
  • iPad: 0.50" --> 0.34" --> 0.37"
As to outdoing the competition, they're lagging behind. Outside of resolution, the Galaxy Players have features that are either missing or better than those found on the touch: GPS, compass, card slot, FM radio, more RAM, better cam, larger screen, replaceable battery, and larger battery.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Any pictures to share?
my flickr photos

a few on my website

I'm just an amateur and these were all taken in the Dallas metro which has a lot of urban light pollution. But I do the best I can with what I've got.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGear View Post
i just wish that the battery would last longer... my itouch batt only last for 2 hours, i guess or maybe 2.5 when im using it (for gaming and browsing)...
I agree, my only real gripe with the ipod touch is the weak battery, and also very little RAM. Compared to my new Ipad, its so so slow
..... but I do have the Apple Care thingy so I can get a new battery soon (2 years is almost up)
I love the ipod touch, it was way ahead of its time
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #34
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
and also very little RAM. Compared to my new Ipad, its so so slow
So true. The iPhone 4 which features the same Apple A4 processor as the 4th gen iPod Touch is noticeable faster and more responsive. 256MB just isn't enough RAM given the iPod Touch's screen resolution.

The new iPad could stand an increase in RAM and a faster CPU, too. I've been getting more app crashes with the new iPad compared to the iPad 2. In terms of general performance and UI responsiveness (gaming not included), I'd rank the current iOS devices as follows:
  1. iPhone 4S
  2. iPad 2, iPhone 4
  3. iPad (2012)
  4. iPhone 3GS
  5. iPod Touch 4th Gen
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #35
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
I don't have an ipad 2 etc but I would agree with above
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #36
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hope they should come up with better battery life. Not just a 2 hours span battery
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote