Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
yasith
yasith began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Kobo Touch Blank White Screen After Upgrade

I got my new Kobo Touch today. I happily read the guide and all. But it kept asking me to run the Kobo setup.

I downloaded the Kobo Setup and ran it, it also did an upgrade. After ejecting my Kobo, it just shows a blank screen. If I slide the power button, a blue light blinks twice.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Yasith
yasith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Charge your Touch for at least an hour then try the power slider again. If there is no change then do a basic reset. To do this, unfold a paper clip and slid one end gently into the hole in the back until you hear a click. This should restart your Touch.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
It sounds like the firmware upgrade didn't work like it should have.
As Joe said, you should try a reboot first, but if that doesn't work, do a factory reset.

To reboot it: Hold the slider to the right for 3-4 seconds to force a shutdown.
Then turn it back on again by sliding the power button so you see the light blink blue (and then green) again.
(You can also reboot by pressing a paperclip into the hole on the back of the Kobo Touch.)

If that doesn't work, you can restore the device to it's factory state.
This will clear the device's memory, and yes, you'll have to redo the Kobo setup

Anyway, to do a factory reset:
Hold down the silver 'home' button.
While holding, push and release the power slider quickly. If the factory reset is successfully initiated, the top light will turn red. (and later a blinky white)
If unsuccessful with the first attempt try again until you get a red LED.

I hope that helps!
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
yasith

So I let it charge for more than 1 hour. Then I tried these things.

I turned it off, and then on. The blue light stays on for a while, then the green turns on and off. Nothing happens, white display.

I inserted a paper clip to the hole in the back. The same happens.

After these resets, my computer doesn't detect the kobo touch.

Then I did a factory reset. The red light turned on, then the white light kept blinking for few minutes. After that, when I plugged in the kobo touch. The kobo setup started again, and installed the update. Still at the white screen.

I'm not sure what I should do now. I bought it from the future shop, do I contact future shop, or kobo for getting a replacement ?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasith View Post
I'm not sure what I should do now. I bought it from the future shop, do I contact future shop, or kobo for getting a replacement ?
I would take it back to Future Shop and see if they'll exchange it for you. That will be your fastest option. From your description of what you've tried sounds like you got a dud.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
yasith

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I would take it back to Future Shop and see if they'll exchange it for you. That will be your fastest option. From your description of what you've tried sounds like you got a dud.

I took it back, and they replaced me with a new one thank you everyone for helping me out with my situation.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
Hooray! I hope you're happy with the replacement
novou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, kobo touch, white screen