Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Some libraries allow you to choose how long you are going to keep the book before you download it. I know mine allows a 7 day check out, so if you are a fast reader that might be an option too.
S
Yes I noticed that option too. I might change that to a shorter term. Always thought it is nice o keep it for 21 days but many times the books are 'sitting' in my file. Thanks for the tip!
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #17
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Also, I do know that there is no way to return Overdrive audio books early.
That's true for WMA format items - books checked out as MP3 are returnable early.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
You can also return library books using the Sony Reader for PC software. Highlight the book you want to return, click on More Actions (at the bottom of the page) and select Return Borrowed Book.

I always return books that way because using the T1 WiFi locks to return library books works but sometimes locks up my reader and forces me to reset.
Apparently an update has just been released for T1. Among other things, it fixes some wifi issues, maybe it will fix that.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Just FYI for those who use their computers to transfer books to their readers--

If you use Adobe "Digital Editions" on your computer you can return them from within there. Just right-click on the cover and choose "return item" (or something like that). I don't use the Sony Reader desktop software so don't know if there is any way to return them from within it.

dordale
Actually it's not "right-click" - that will bring up settings I think. Instead, just hover over the book title in the Library View of the ADE, and then you'll get a drop-down menu that includes "return item"
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote