Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Author listing OK at calibre, not at Kindle 3

I have just purchased a Kindle 3 and and began using Calibre. I have one problem. The metadata for all the authors are entered as recommended, - John Doe (author) and Doe, John (author sort). But, at the Kindle, although 90% of the authors are shown correctly, some show the author's name preceding the title and no entry under "Author". Others do not show the author at all, neither preceding the title nor listed under "Author".

The books in question were free Classics downloaded at sites as Mobileread e-books, Gutenberg, Manybooks, and Feedbooks. I do not know where the problem books originated, if that is where the problem lies.

I searched the forum but could not tell if there were solutions posted or maybe I did not understand the terminology used.

I am impressed with all the effort that has been put into the design of Calibre.

Thanks to those involved,
Don
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
convert the problem books to MOBI format. If they are laready in MOBI format, convert from MOBI to MOBI.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
That did the trick.
Thanks a lot.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote