Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
rafie
rafie began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
hi from Morocco

Hi, i'm Rafie from morocco, i hope all is fine here. I have an iPhone 3GS and hope i can participate actively in this forum
rafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
welcome, Rafie
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, rafie!

MR has a Apple IPhone Forum just for you! Don't be shy about asking questions and jumping into the fray. Members at MR are notoriously helpful.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Hello, Morocco

Rafie,

I spent a couple of years in Morocco as a child, way back in 1954-1955. Probably before your time. My father was in the US Air Force and there were a few US bases in Morocco. I went to school at Nouasseur near Casa Blanca.

Beautiful country, lots to see and lots of history. I seem to recall that Mococco was the first country to recognize the fledgling United States as an independent country in 1777.

I remember that I wasn't expecting to see green trees and orange groves like my home state of Florida, but there were plenty of them and the climate was mild, like Florida. Maybe a little drier.

We went to Meknez to the bazzar and I remember the snake charmers. Also went to the Roman ruins at Volubilis. We also crossed the Atlas mountains and went into the edge of the Sahara desert. Once you cross the mountains, it's a totally different world.

I also experienced a locust plague. Big grasshopers that eat a lot of crops. I suppose they spray for them in east Africa now before they get to Morocco.

We lived outside ot the city of Kenitra in a house in an orange grove. My parents always liked to live away from the base and learn the local language. At this time it was French & Arabic.

After my father died and my mother retired from nursing, she went back to Morocco for a visit. Had a great time going to all the place we had seen before. She dearly loved to haggle with the merchants in the little shops.
Man, that was a long time ago, but I enjoyed myself.

Ed
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote