Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Is Kindle 4 coming in weeks? My local Best Buys completely out of Kindle 3

Is Kindle 4 coming in weeks?

Both of my local Best Buys are completely out of Kindle 3. (with the exception of one single whilte 3G unit at one of them)

I was there to buy 12 Kindle $50 gift cards this morning. It was kind of odd when the entire shelves where they kept Kindles were empty. I asked the employee and he checked the computer and sure enough, they were completely out. They only had 7 Kindle $50 gift cards left, so I had to drive to the other local Best Buy. After getting 5 more $50Kindle gift cards, I went and looked for Kindles. None at this store, except a white one....

Does this seem right? I've never seen Best Buy running out of Kindles before.

(P.S. in case anyone's wondering why I bought $600 of Kindle gift cards... I want the RewardZone points... and all 12 Kindle $50 gift cards were just used to pay for a laptop on Amazon.com)
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I was told that the new reader would debute later in the fall. This may be a simple case that Best Buy management did not for see the demand for the readers and had not enough of them in stock.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, I think they're just selling well. I've been seeing more and more Kindles in public lately. A young lady approached me at the coffee shop on Sunday, and I suspect I made Amazon another sale from our brief chat.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I brought my Kindle to a tennis tournament recently and had several people ask me about it.

Hey, you need something to do while the Hubby is out buying food and beer and the players are changing sides on the court.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Probably not. Just a case of them selling really really well right now.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert