Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
Pandigital Novel Personal for $60

DailySteals (http://www.dailysteals.com) has a refurbished Pandigital Novel Personal eReader for $60.00 shipped.
It has a 6" 600 x 800 Sipix ePaper touchscreen, 2GB flash memory, WiFi, and microSD card slot.
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
THAT is very pretty looking. Does anyone know if it supports folder browsing on the SD card? (a la PocketBook?)
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
THAT is very pretty looking. Does anyone know if it supports folder browsing on the SD card? (a la PocketBook?)
I don't know, but I ordered one. I suspect it's only a matter of time before the Literati bites the dust, leaving my roommate ereader-less, so I figured it would be good to have a backup.

I mean, really, anything has to be better than the Literati. Or at least the Literati we have, also known as the Miserati.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'll have to let us know what you think.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You'll have to let us know what you think.
Oh, definitely. I'll have to play with it for at least two days before I turn it over to the roommate. I tried to find a user guide online, but they don't have one listed for that model, only the larger ones.
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
It FINALLY got here, so I can answer your question. (Which may still be valid since these are popping up at similar prices elsewhere.)

YES, it has a file manager "app" which allows browsing of both the internal memory and microSD card.

I like this little thing. It has a few quirks that seem strange to me because I'm so used to the Kindle, but nothing unmanageable. I've done some exploring on it, but I'm just now getting ready to transfer John's library to it. I'm also going to explore the file system and see if I can tell how the bookshelves (its version of collections) are set up.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Thank you!

I don't know why more readers DON'T have file systems. The new Kobo Touch apparently doesn't support file browsing. The Nook doesn't either.

This supports my belief that the people MAKING these readers don't USE them, at least not like I use mine. Once you get a library of more than 100 books, folders become necessary. Unless you don't want to keep all your books on your reader, but if you have the space, why wouldn't you??