Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Calibre + PDF + KindleDX= ?

I looked and looked but I could not find what I need...

This is really a small issue but when I import a PDF into Calibre and send it to my Kindle it all works great... what looks weird is how it shows up on the home screen.
What you get is the book title - author under the book title column and then the author under the author portion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-10873.gif
Views:	254
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	59317  
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Calibre doesn't update the meta data for PDF files. So what Kindle displays is what's originally coded into your PDF.

I use BeCyPDFMetaEdit to update my PDF's meta data but I'm sure there are many other programs that can do the same thing.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Calibre doesn't update the meta data for PDF files. So what Kindle displays is what's originally coded into your PDF.

I use BeCyPDFMetaEdit to update my PDF's meta data but I'm sure there are many other programs that can do the same thing.
I have updated the pdf metadata and if I leave out the author name and it does not fix it.

I think the problem lies in how Calibre names the file after it is added to calibre. It is added and renamed to booktitle - author.pdf and that is why I think it shows up like it does
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Sorry to hear that.

It's not my experience dealing with PDFs and Kindle. Once I've put in the correct title and author, in their respective fields, in the PDF metadata, it shows up correctly for me. The name of the file itself shouldn't affect this from what I understand but you may need advice from someone who knows this better than I do.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I think the problem lies in how Calibre names the file after it is added to calibre. It is added and renamed to booktitle - author.pdf and that is why I think it shows up like it does
How calibre names files sent to your device is totally within your control via save templates.

Preferences - Send books to devices - Save template
Or
Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - Kindle DX Device Interface - Customize plugin - Save template.

Read up on Save templates here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-04-2010 at 11:03 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert