Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In regards to series information, 2.4.0, and side loaded epubs... What is the latest functionality? Is there any sorting based on series (for example, when viewing shelves)?

Thanks.
Have just sideloaded 2.1.4 to my Touch after doing a reset to make sure I downloaded the correct firmware and then sideloaded all my books . In preperation for this I reinstalled the Calibre Series Plugin and all my series books are in their shelves in numerical order with the books all grouped together in series.

They are also similarly grouped together in the books listing YaY!

Last edited by Willa; 02-15-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #77
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghudod View Post
Any chance of you telling us the rollout schedule? It would be nice to know when my country (UK) is live with the update, as it would save me checking fruitlessly a couple of times a day, and hammering your servers unnecessarily.
I don't think they roll out by country. I suspect that they roll out by serial number.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #78
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
I just got the update through the desktop app. I cannot check how it works (yet) since my Touch is still charging.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #79
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
To those asking about the roll-out schedule, it is currently only rolling out to a subset of devices purchased in North America. We hope to start the global rollout next week.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #80
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Thanks for the update, Sameer.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #81
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
To those asking about the roll-out schedule, it is currently only rolling out to a subset of devices purchased in North America. We hope to start the global rollout next week.
Thanks for the updates Sameer. Just a little suggestion or request: it would be nice to see a little more detail given in the change logs for new FWs. It's clear that more has gone on than just the two bullet points for 2.4.0, but we only know by the community testing to see how previous bugs fare. It would be nice to see a small bullet point letting us know:
  • Fixed: Font size changing at new chapters on some devices.
  • Fixed: eBooks with custom margin settings return to the correct page when re-opening them.

I know that for some users it's more information than they need, but for those users, they're never going to read past the first couple lines (if at all) anyways. It would certainly be helpful to some of us and also allow us to continue to refine our bug reports.

Anyways, all that to say that 2.4.0 is certainly working better on my Glo than 2.3.1 did and I hope that you guys can continue to iron out some of the remaining bugs and work towards (relative) parity between ePub vs. kePub features. The Glo is the best e-reader I've used and I can't wait to see some of the niggling issues fixed.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #82
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Fixed: bug where the screen flashed three times whenever anything changed on the font adjustment screen.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #83
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuynh View Post
Can you check if waking up the glo with the a sleep cover still goes back to sleep after 30 seconds or so if you don't touch the screen?
That still happens but to me, it is more a feature than a bug. If I accidentally wake up the Glo and then do nothing, it goes back to sleep instead of staying awake for whatever length the timeout is set for. Kind of reminds me of the way that if I unlock my car doors with the remote and then don't open a door within 30 seconds, they relock.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #84
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fixed: you can now select the last character of a paragraph!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #85
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
That's what I'm saying and asking. Sort by title and sort by series, two different things.
That's what I was hoping for, another menu item so sort by author, sort by title and sort by series.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #86
murg
No Comment

Fixed: Sudoko changes the 'light bar' to solid. On exiting Sudoku, the light bar remains solid, until you change the page, and then it reverts to the original saved value.

New bug: Sudoku keypad is dark numbers on dark background, so you can't see the numbers.

Last edited by murg; 02-15-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #87
murg
No Comment

Fixed (preliminarily): The correct book cover is now being displayed in sleep mode.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #88
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I am very happy to see a new firmware with loads of bug fixes. Thank you for all the hard work Kobo!

I am disappointed though, to see that changes to the series info reading. It does feel like a bit of a feature removal. I was happy when it was talked about in depth on this forum, as it meant I no longer had to use a plugboard for series in Calibre. Removing the ability to sort by series feels like the removal of a good feature, that set my Glo apart a bit. I really hope that Kobo consider changing it back, or as has been discussed here, giving us a series sort from the main menu that would take care of the issue. This wouldn't make the menu too crowded, and would be a lovely extra.

Unless I want to remove and reinput my entire library again -- something I had to do recently to remove the plugboard info to utilise the series feature -- I think I will stay on 2.3.2. Please Kobo -- some of us really loved this feature!
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #89
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Please, anybody who has this FW and has some .kepup.epub books in his/her library, could you check if you have the details button or only a big "BUY"?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #90
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Unless I want to remove and reinput my entire library again -- something I had to do recently to remove the plugboard info to utilise the series feature -- I think I will stay on 2.3.2. Please Kobo -- some of us really loved this feature!
Does anyone know if Calibre's series plugboard thingy still works with 2.4.0 as it did with previous versions? I'm still on 2.3.2 and loving that ability.
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote