Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Maggiemae82
Maggiemae82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Deleting books from library

I've been using Calibre for a while now - pretty much basic functions only though. I have a reasonable size library (5k+) and have spent a fair bit of time cleaning it up and getting rid of unwanted books. I was under the impression that once I deleted them in Calibre they were permanently gone; The other day I just happen to glance at the screen during a back up and noticed some file names for a book I knew I had deleted. I did a search in Calibre to make sure it was gone and nothing came up, however I did a file search in Windows Explorer and they showed up in the Calibre Library folder....

How do I delete them for good? I don't want them, never going to read them and I don't want them on my computer (even if I don't see them I know they are lurking in the back ground and it's annoying me!).
Maggiemae82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
When you deleted them, exactly how did you delete them?

In calibre GUI, under the Remove Books icon (green recycle symbol), removing all of the formats for the selected book removes the book from the library for good. Or just clicking that icon once removes all of the formats of the selected book to remove the book from the library for good.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-17-2014 at 02:54 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #3
Maggiemae82
Maggiemae82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, that is what I have been doing. I just deleted another book that way to test it out and then did a search via explorer and it wasn't there. Perhaps I wasn't doing it correctly when I first started my 'clean up' mission.

Thanks for your help, it's reassuring to know that I'm doing it right!
Maggiemae82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:08 AM   #4
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemae82 View Post
Yes, that is what I have been doing. I just deleted another book that way to test it out and then did a search via explorer and it wasn't there. Perhaps I wasn't doing it correctly when I first started my 'clean up' mission.

Thanks for your help, it's reassuring to know that I'm doing it right!
You're welcome. Sometimes I choose the wrong sub-command of Remove Books.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, delete files, library maintenance