Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
snakeling
snakeling began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook TouchLux 2
Calibre and Cybook Frontlight

Hi!

Two days ago, I was merrily adding books to my Cybook with Calibre on Ubuntu, when I got an error message saying that the file system was read-only. I googled around, and found that I had to reformat my Cybook because the file system had become corrupted. Annoying, but hardly the end of the world, given that I have the entire library on my computer anyway.

So I formated the Cybook, turned it off and on again, and realised that the default folders hadn't been created. I googled some more, and apparently it's something you can't repair yourself and you have to turn in your reader to Bookeen. I opened a ticket with Bookeen, who confirmed that I needed to send back my reader.

I went to the shop where I'd bought it, exchanged it for a new one, and as soon as I got back home, started charging my library on it. Wouldn't you know? The exact same thing happened.

No way I'm doing exchanges every other day, so I decided to suck it up, put a 4Gb SD card in and started charging my library on that. I'm sure you can guess what just happened...

This time I thought to save the Calibre error message:
calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/snakeling/7BBC-B30B/metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 477, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 246, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 395, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 391, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/snakeling/7BBC-B30B/metadata.calibre'

WTF is going on? I've had a Bookeen for a little over a year, and have used Calibre with it since December, and I've never had that problem before, much less three times in two days. I usually have to send the books in package of 10-15, otherwise I get input/output errors, but those, while annoying, are hardly as bad

If someone knows what to do, I'd be grateful

Thanks!
snakeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I would try a check disk and / or formatting the internal memory.
Be carefull NOT to format in ext3 / ext4 / exFAT though.

Mmm, i see you've done that once. Yeah, maybe something bad there to happen than often.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre