Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
maxmin
maxmin began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Onyx Boox M92: not booting after update

Hi!

I tried to update my onyx boox m92.

Unfortunately since then the device is stuck at the boot screen but is only loading the first bar and then the only possible thing is to wait until the e-reader is out of battery.
When I do an update the device behaves first as usual but is stuck at the "first-bar-state".

I tried multiple times to: (with full recharge or/and kept connected to a power supply)

- go back to 1.6
- install update-20120309.zip with two different sd cards (both usually working flawless)
- install some other update

I bought it at booxtor's ereader-store so probably I'll have to send it back, unless someone has an idea.

Best,
maxmin

Last edited by maxmin; 06-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
maxmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
I guess you already tried resetting (small hole on the back side). If yes, contact the shop and send for repairs.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
maxmin

The reset doesn't work any more, that's why I have to wait until it has no battery left... :/
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
Hi!

I tried to update my onyx boox m92.

Unfortunately since then the device is stuck at the boot screen but is only loading the first bar and then the only possible thing is to wait until the e-reader is out of battery.
When I do an update the device behaves first as usual but is stuck at the "first-bar-state".

I tried multiple times to: (with full recharge or/and kept connected to a power supply)

- go back to 1.6
- install update-20120309.zip with two different sd cards (both usually working flawless)
- install some other update

I bought it at booxtor's ereader-store so probably I'll have to send it back, unless someone has an idea.

Best,
maxmin
Hi,

please contact our store and we will help you to solve the problem.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
Did you sort this out? I am having the same issue I guess.

However, I can reset mine. It still hangs every time at first bar though.

Edit: I successfully updated with the 20120309 trick. After that the latest 20121030 was successfully installed. Thank you for providing this fix!

Last edited by johey; 11-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
maxmin

In the end I sent it back to ereader-store.de and they did the reset again with the 20120309-trick. I did it myself multiple times with two different SD-cards but this wasn't enough. I won't try to update any more my ereader before my exams though.
Thanks to booxtor & co. for the support!

@johey: I'm happy for you that you managed to solve this by yourself.