Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
hmooney
hmooney began at the beginning.

Device: I-Pad
When converted why can't you make notes or highlights on the text?

Hi all,

I am trying to make a textbook from multiple sources and have converted them to a PDF. My students are all required to have I-Pads and I need them to be able to annotate the text through an e-book reader, probably i-books. During my experiments I have gotten the file converted to an E-Pub but when I use it in I-books or other readers they come up nicely but I can not highlight or take notes. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks
hmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You would need reading software that supports annotations, and as far as I know iBooks does not. There has been discussion in Apple forums saying it would be nice if Apple added such support but I have not seen any suggestion this will definitely arrive.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert