Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #61
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
8:45am Thurs and still no sign of any National Post (nor any response from help desk).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #62
rod_o
rod_o began at the beginning.

support

if you phone for help is there a better response? I finally did get today's paper this evening when I got home... Zip for yesterday.
rod_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #63
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Friday's Toronto Star was on time, and Wednesday's paper finally downloaded too. No sign of Tuesday's paper. And I STILL cannot get any new content to appear in the iPhone app.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #64
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

And one week later, the Dec 16 Toronto Star is nowhere to be seen as of 2pm EST. The helpdesk doesn't really seem interested in actually telling us what's going on.

Last edited by thepossum; 12-16-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #65
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepossum View Post
And one week later, the Dec 16 Toronto Star is nowhere to be seen as of 10am EST. The helpdesk doesn't really seem interested in actually telling us what's going on.
The helpdesk likely does not know what is going on.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #66
thepossum
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The helpdesk likely does not know what is going on.
Working in IT myself, I understand that part completely. But the thing is... they DO know who to talk to in order to find out!

This has been happening, off and on, for two entire months now. If it can't be fixed, then they need to stop selling the service, refund a bunch of money, and be done with it!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #67
thepossum
Zealot

MOST of my Toronto Star subscription has been timely lately.

Dec 23: paper late (as of 7am EST)
Dec 22: paper missing
Dec 16: paper missing
Dec 7: paper VERY late
Dec 6: paper missing

This is to my Kobo Touch. My iPhone Kobo app STILL will not download anything more recent than Dec 4. And I've even gone to the trouble of completely wiping the app from my iPhone and starting from scratch.

edit: And evidently I'm the only newspaper subscriber still having issues, because nobody else is chiming in this time.

Last edited by thepossum; 12-23-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #68
jeands8
jeands8
jeands8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hello everyone. This problem is truly frustrating. I have these delays with the NYTimes on a regular basis. Sent a last email today to Kobo. I think that I will simply cancel and read the free mobile edition on my othe Kobo (Vox) Jean
jeands8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #69
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepossum View Post
edit: And evidently I'm the only newspaper subscriber still having issues, because nobody else is chiming in this time.
Nope, you're not alone. Didn't get mine on the 22nd. I'm just at a point where even thinking about it spikes my blood pressure. Guess I could cancel, but I've gotten so used to having it, and I know they can do it right because until November there were only rare missing issues, so I'm loath to do that. I know it's being looked at, just not sure how widespread the issue is which will determine how high priority it is.
Anyone having the issue should make sure to submit a ticket so it gets prioritized.
Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #70
Mike P
Mike P began at the beginning.

No New York Times since Wednesday-when you sync, it seems to start to download the latest issue then fails.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #71
thepossum
Zealot

No Toronto Star for the 27th. 26th and 28th downloaded fine and on time. Nothing for the 25th, but they don't publish that day, so I can't say whether other papers may have been affected.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #72
thepossum
Zealot

The Thursday Dec 29 edition did not download.

Dec 30 is missing as of 7am.

Also missing since my last renewal date: Dec 16, Dec 22, Dec 27.

Last edited by thepossum; 12-30-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #73
thepossum
Zealot

After a nice long weekend with no problems, today's (Jan 3) newspaper is missing.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #74
thepossum
Zealot

Are there any other Kobo newspaper subscribers who have both a Kobo Touch and an iPhone/iPad/iPod Kobo app? PM me because I have just made an observation and want to determine if it's just happening to me.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #75
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Nope, you're not alone. Didn't get mine on the 22nd. I'm just at a point where even thinking about it spikes my blood pressure. Guess I could cancel, but I've gotten so used to having it, and I know they can do it right because until November there were only rare missing issues, so I'm loath to do that. I know it's being looked at, just not sure how widespread the issue is which will determine how high priority it is.
Anyone having the issue should make sure to submit a ticket so it gets prioritized.
Robert
I also still have problems -- on the same days others have problems, it seems -- but I've given up on Kobo, and am switching to Kindle for newspaper subscriptions.

I'd been posting here (as well as GetSatisfaction) in the hopes that one of the Kobo employees who frequents this forum would actually give a damn about their product and do something.

You'll notice that not a single Kobo employee has chimed in in ages.

It's quite clear that they DON'T give a damn. In fact, I know someone who works there and they acknowledged that the Kindle staff would just prefer the subscription feature go away so they don't have to deal with it anymore.

And it's worth noting that the most recent software update on Touch buried newspapers and magazines one level deeper so we have to go to another menu to access our subscriptions. They want the feature to disappear, and they want us to disappear. They're going to get their wish. They treat Kobo users like crap, so they deserve to lose our business. Ultimately, these employees who ignore us will lose their jobs.
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote