Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #211
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No ETA. But, I do know it won't be as quick as the last couple of .1 releases. Kobo are working on some of the bugs reported against 3.2.0.
Sounds like they should be. The 3.2.0. has some interesting major new features, but it also seems quite beta.
edit: I mean relatively major. That's probably the first Kobo update in a while that really has a couple of things I've been waiting for: the (almost) fixed landscape PDF navigation and multi-page select.

Last edited by hoichi; 03-15-2014 at 04:06 PM.
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #212
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post
the (almost) fixed portrait PDF navigation.
You wanted to say landscape, didn't you?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #213
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
You wanted to say landscape, didn't you?
Yes. Yes I did.
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #214
hellraiser666
hellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
On Aura HD, I notice with FW 3.2.0 that when I bring the reader out of sleep, the entire screen momentarily flashes negative (white text on a black background) before resuming its normal appearance.
That's true. And that sleep/waking flashes issue is exactly why i have downgraded to 3.1.0. I love Kobo for how easy it is to downgrade.
hellraiser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #215
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser666 View Post
That's true. And that sleep/waking flashes issue is exactly why i have downgraded to 3.1.0. I love Kobo for how easy it is to downgrade.
That sleep waking issue is really not an issue, it is simply put, the device refreshing the screen. This is likely to eliminate ghosting.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #216
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I tried to convert an epub to a Kobo epub and send it to the device using the calibre plugin. The kepub is processed a lot faster. Also highlighting is high-performing. It's a pity that epubs are not opened with the kepub reader.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #217
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
I don't know how or what has happened, but when my glo was auto-updated to 3.2.0, I had to double tap almost always to turn a book page. I haven't done anything but this problem has somehow disappeared (as much as I remember, the issue has been gone for at least a week (I'm reading a book everyday for about 5-8 hours)). I'm still on the same fw version and I have not re-loaded 3.2.0 fw. That's weird, but good I hope the slow tap response in the game Word Scramble will soon fix itself too
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #218
anguila
anguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Perhaps you're pressing the wrong option. It works for me if I press the Sort option on the left in the grey bar on the My Collections page. I only see 'New Collection' if I press the grey bar right-hand menu icon (3 horizontal bars)
Hi. I'm on FW 3.2.0 and I see no Sort option, or any grey bar besides the "New collection" one. I also noticed that my collections were sorted randomly, so I edited the Kobo ereader conf file like suggested in this thread, but that alone didn't bring up any Sort option! It did help sort my collections alphabetically.

So what could I try to do here?
anguila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #219
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguila View Post
Hi. I'm on FW 3.2.0 and I see no Sort option, or any grey bar besides the "New collection" one. I also noticed that my collections were sorted randomly, so I edited the Kobo ereader conf file like suggested in this thread, but that alone didn't bring up any Sort option! It did help sort my collections alphabetically.

So what could I try to do here?
While all the devices share firmware, there are differences in the presentation. The Touch has different library lists than the front-lit devices. It doesn't have this sort option. But, changing the config file does change the sort.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #220
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
On Kobo touch old models is anyone having library disappearing issues?
If yes, is there a fix?
Thank you
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #221
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
On Kobo touch old models is anyone having library disappearing issues?
If yes, is there a fix?
When does it disappear? After a connection to the PC or power off and on?

The most common reason for this is the database is corrupt. When it is, the device can run happily on the cached data, but it can't save this. And when it is powered off and on, it has to read the corrupt database.

The simple fix is to logoff you Kobo account on the device. This will cause the device to take you through the basic setup and a new database is created. If this doesn't work, I suggest a factory reset.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #222
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
When does it disappear? After a connection to the PC or power off and on?

The most common reason for this is the database is corrupt. When it is, the device can run happily on the cached data, but it can't save this. And when it is powered off and on, it has to read the corrupt database.

The simple fix is to logoff you Kobo account on the device. This will cause the device to take you through the basic setup and a new database is created. If this doesn't work, I suggest a factory reset.
I will try
Thank you

It looks it works....

Last edited by enotar; 03-20-2014 at 11:27 PM.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:29 AM   #223
hellraiser666
hellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of lighthellraiser666 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
That sleep waking issue is really not an issue, it is simply put, the device refreshing the screen. This is likely to eliminate ghosting.

regards

Jack
Yep it refreshes to eliminate the ghosting.
However after upgrading to 3.2.0 my AURA HD refreshed 3 or 4 times every time i put it to sleep or woke it up,thus leading to a faster power consumption as i spend most of my time reading during my trip to and from my office and frequently put my device to sleep.
Well its not a big issue ,just a bit annoying
hellraiser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #224
anguila
anguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of lightanguila is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
While all the devices share firmware, there are differences in the presentation. The Touch has different library lists than the front-lit devices. It doesn't have this sort option. But, changing the config file does change the sort.
I see now, thx. Maybe in a future update
anguila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #225
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
I am on 3.2.0.

Is it just me or there is no Search option in the Aura HD library?

Is there a (simple) way to add sorting (through a hack maybe) to the list of sosrt options? What I really miss is "Recently added" one...
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote