Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Stockbridge, Grant: Empire Of Doom (Spider #5). v1, 22 Sept 2008

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/title/empire_of_doom

The great pulp here, The Spider, from 1934. These DO NOT have to be read in order, by the way.

Here's the blurb from this issue:

"America faces certain doom as its citizens fall in screaming thousands before the noxious death vapors loosed upon them by the Green Hand. How can the SPIDER, harried and threatened by a hundred new and deadly perils, check the rising power of the next Dictator- and lay bare the scheming, criminal mind which seeks to enslave the nation?"

If that sounds like fun, then we have the same tastes.

Like the other two that I've assembled for MobileRead, I was able to locate the original cover art and, also like the other two, this was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
dan_turner
dan_turner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/title/empire_of_doom

The great pulp here, The Spider, from 1934. These DO NOT have to be read in order, by the way.

Here's the blurb from this issue:

"America faces certain doom as its citizens fall in screaming thousands before the noxious death vapors loosed upon them by the Green Hand. How can the SPIDER, harried and threatened by a hundred new and deadly perils, check the rising power of the next Dictator- and lay bare the scheming, criminal mind which seeks to enslave the nation?"

If that sounds like fun, then we have the same tastes.

Like the other two that I've assembled for MobileRead, I was able to locate the original cover art and, also like the other two, this was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
That's interesting, and a small part of the Spiders available online. I note that Munsey's has completely stopped posting original classic noir works, which he'd done, expending considerable expense and sweat-equity, to make us all happy, and apparently not from any financial incentive, following your constant campaign to steal from him.

I wonder, as part of your "artistic judgment," were you ever gonna do anything original, like a scan of your own, or just keep ripping him off?

I'm sure there's a couple hundred left, if it's the latter, but it might help us all out to learn.
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_turner View Post
That's interesting, and a small part of the Spiders available online. I note that Munsey's has completely stopped posting original classic noir works, which he'd done, expending considerable expense and sweat-equity, to make us all happy, and apparently not from any financial incentive, following your constant campaign to steal from him.

I wonder, as part of your "artistic judgment," were you ever gonna do anything original, like a scan of your own, or just keep ripping him off?

I'm sure there's a couple hundred left, if it's the latter, but it might help us all out to learn.
From Munsey's Terms&Conditions:

Quote:
Unless as otherwise noted on the individual book, all contents of this site copyright 1998-2007 Disruptive Publishing. Said contents released to the public under Creative Commons license Attribution non-commercial.

For redistribution of books on non-commercial sites, a link to the book's source page is required, both on the actual book so distributed, and on any page linking directly to the book.

Example: Strip for Violence, Ed Lacy, acquired from http://www.munseys.com/book/12597/Strip_For_Violence and available for noncommercial use under CC 3.0.
Tell me, where did Dr. Drib violate these terms? Have you actually read the Creative Commons license text?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Welcome to MobileRead, "dan_turner."

Your question, for the most part, seemed to be couched in well-mannered intent with one exception.

I will refer you to this quote:

"Unless as otherwise noted on the individual book, all contents of this site copyright 1998-2007 Disruptive Publishing. Said contents released to the public under Creative Commons license Attribution non-commercial.

"For redistribution of books on non-commercial sites, a link to the book's source page is required, both on the actual book so distributed, and on any page linking directly to the book."

Thank you for your question, even though for one moment your rhetoric seemed to fail you.

Don
Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Perhaps you (oops, sorry, I mean "Munsey's") should change your (sorry, "their") posting T & Cs to prevent copying. At present, Don is fully conformant with Munsey's CC licence terms.

BTW, did you know that you're posting from the same IP address as user "Silkpag" (the owner of Munsey's)? What a curious coincidence!
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
silkpag
Enthusiast
silkpag began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps you (oops, sorry, I mean "Munsey's") should change your (sorry, "their") posting T & Cs to prevent copying. At present, Don is fully conformant with Munsey's CC licence terms.

BTW, did you know that you're posting from the same IP address as user "Silkpag" (the owner of Munsey's)? What a curious coincidence!
Yeah, that's me. Still annoyed.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
silkpag
Enthusiast
silkpag began at the beginning.

Quote:
Should add, this site is commercial in the sense that ads are taken... but really, does no one scan here? Is it all just given aid and comfort to Sony and Adobe when they screw over every small publisher on the planet?

No doubt my log-in won't work agan...
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Your log-in will work again. We may have disagreements over the terms of a CC license; but, that is not grounds. dan_turner's log-in may not work in the future.

We do value your contributions to the ebook community. Many stood with you in spirit when you fought for public domain rights in the Doc Savage case. Many feel that the court ruled the wrong way.

As for MobileRead being a commercial site, we do disagree. While we have ads on the site they help defray some of the expenses involved in keeping the site running. It is not a for profit site. We do not charge (or even require people to register) to download the ebooks. We are fully compliant with the terms of the CC license.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkpag View Post
Should add, this site is commercial in the sense that ads are taken...
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-02-07-n77.html
Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkpag View Post
...but really, does no one scan here? Is it all just given aid and comfort to Sony and Adobe when they screw over every small publisher on the planet?
OT. This thread is closed. Feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum section.

Closed Thread