Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Save just the cover?

I want to select a group of entries and save just the cover. The group of entries has no book file, but is empty. Any suggestions?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I want to select a group of entries and save just the cover. The group of entries has no book file, but is empty. Any suggestions?
Just to be sure. Save as in Export?

I don't think Save to Disk allows Exports (with covers) for empty books.
All I can think of, is to step through your list , Tap 'O', copy the file to your destination, close file explorer (The one Calibre opened) and repeat
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

After I posted, I did just did a search of "cover.jpg" in my calibre folder and then copied those over to a new folder and they were renamed, recursively, copy 1.jpg, etc which was fine for my purposes.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
da_jane
Evangelist

I'm back. I find I would much rather have the cover image saved with the field name of the title. Is that possible? Would I have to import a dummy file of an ebook for that to happen? If so, how would I do it in bulk?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I'm back. I find I would much rather have the cover image saved with the field name of the title. Is that possible? Would I have to import a dummy file of an ebook for that to happen? If so, how would I do it in bulk?
Calibre always stores the (separate)cover as cover.jpg.
All usage by Calibre is so much simpler that way.
The folder is the books name

Just curious, Why would you need these covers as separate, named files?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert